Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Sienna XSE Awd Tech Package
96 Posts
Geez, don’t make me think about trading in my 2021 already! I always wanted a PHEV but got sick of waiting. It took long enough for them to just come out with a hybrid.

I suppose changing the NiMH to Lithium might give a bit of PHEV range.
The cost of a PHEV model would likely be an additional $10k I'd assume making my XSE a $70k minivan. That's crazy $ for a minivan. We don't get any credits in Ontario. Another reason why I didn't even consider the Pacifica.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Where can they find space to put the much bigger battery?
Exactly what is very disappointing!!! The space was designed and available from day one. "Monte Kaehr, the chief engineer for the Sienna, confirmed the minivan's platform has been engineered to support a plug-in hybrid powertrain.." Toyota Sienna Prime Plug-In Hybrid Minivan Might Happen
So either it's a weight isduey, which I doubt as the chrysler has it, or it's a battery availability issue, OR its simply a make more money / marketing issue, releasing it later. Now that the feds have lifted caps on rebates maybe Toyota will rev up USA phev production.

·
Registered
91 Posts
MY2022 Toyota Sienna Dream/Wishlist:

• soundproofing the enginebay to cut down on drone noise upon hard acceleration/uphill driving (this can be done easily as the Highlander Hybrid doesn't seem to have this level of noise)
  • TSS 2.5+ (should be easy to upgrade, requires a yaw sensor, few wires, some field testing)
  • passenger view camera (the Kia Carnival, Chrysler Pacifica and Honday Odyssey have this)
  • Lane Tracing Assist decoupled from ACC (it should have a separate stand alone button)
-Blind Spot Intervention (collision Avoidance) Assist (actively steers the wheel to avoid a potential collision when it detects a car in your blind spot. This system is present in Nissan, Kia, Hyundai and Volvo cars
-Heated Windshield & heatedd washer nozzles
-Walk-away Auto door locks
  • Walk - away Auto close rear hatch
  • Tire Fill Assist
  • WiFi Tethering
  • Heads-up Display (HUD)
-Integrated turn/repeater signals in exterior mirrors in lower trims

That's it. Now, if Toyota will read this thread.

·
Registered
2021 Sienna XLE Plus
236 Posts
  • Lane Tracing Assist decoupled from ACC (it should have a separate stand alone button)
What does this mean? What is ACC? do you mean the dynamic cruise control? If so it can be decoupled so you can use dynamic cruise control without lane trace assist.

Am I misunderstanding the ask?

·
Registered
91 Posts
What does this mean? What is ACC? do you mean the dynamic cruise control? If so it can be decoupled so you can use dynamic cruise control without lane trace assist.

Am I misunderstanding the ask?
The Lane Tracing Assist is currently tied to the Adaptive Cruise Control (AKA Dynamic Cruise Control in Toyota speak), some of the other companies decouple these functions, so you can activate the Lane tracing (centering) assist without the cruise control being turned on.

·
Registered
8 Posts
What?! The middle row seats don't come out? How did I miss that tidbit? I wasn't in the market for a new Sienna yet, so I really had not looked into the specifics. We've owned 2 and purchased our newest Sienna because we are diehard Toyota fans, it's AWD, it has all the creature comforts and options we want, we can load a full sheet of plywood, and haul more than any SUV. I pop those seats in and out at least a couple of times a week. Did Toyota not realize that the ability to put a sheet of plywood in the back is one of the best features of this van? I can't tell you the number of times I've recommended Sienna based completely on that one fact alone. So frustrating!

·
Registered
60 Posts
What?! The middle row seats don't come out? How did I miss that tidbit? I wasn't in the market for a new Sienna yet, so I really had not looked into the specifics. We've owned 2 and purchased our newest Sienna because we are diehard Toyota fans, it's AWD, it has all the creature comforts and options we want, we can load a full sheet of plywood, and haul more than any SUV. I pop those seats in and out at least a couple of times a week. Did Toyota not realize that the ability to put a sheet of plywood in the back is one of the best features of this van? I can't tell you the number of times I've recommended Sienna based completely on that one fact alone. So frustrating!
It can still fit between middle row captains chairs vertically, apparently. Also horizontally laying up against the 2nd row headrests.

I wish i had stats, but i'd bet Toyota did surveys to come up with that justification. Would i like the ability to remove the 2nd row easy? Sure, but i'll take the safety improvement tradeoff (it's an airbag issue) for my kids instead of the ability to remove them easily.

Honestly, are people really buying sheets of plywood weekly? If so, just get a trailer. Sienna tows.

·
Registered
137 Posts
See this when browsing for some part of the 2021 Sienna. Look like Toyota has an Outdoor trim for 2022? Don't see the Limited listed, wondering what would include with this trim.

·
Registered
2021 Sienna XLE Plus
236 Posts
See this when browsing for some part of the 2021 Sienna. Look like Toyota has an Outdoor trim for 2022? Don't see the Limited listed, wondering what would include with this trim.

View attachment 49936

My guess is it will be set up for camper conversion. Probably removable 2nd row, inverter, etc.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Look like Toyota has an Outdoor trim for 2022? Don't see the Limited listed, wondering what would include with this trim.
According to this article, it appears it will be mostly an AWD with inverter, plus some lifted springs for a bit more ground clearance relative to other trim levels (that along with a new color called “cement”).

·
Registered
104 Posts
According to this article, it appears it will be mostly an AWD with inverter, plus some lifted springs for a bit more ground clearance relative to other trim levels (that along with a new color called “cement”).

Geez, I would sure like the extra clearance and roof rack, but the cement colour I could live without. I wonder if dealers will be able to increase the ground clearance on existing Gen 4 AWD siennas?

·
Registered
133 Posts
That Woodland is interesting. Looking at photos, seems to have Limited wheels and XSE interior? Tailgate badge says XLE.

Already planning to wire the garage for 240 later this year, and we're a couple years out from serious shopping. But if this configuration sticks (and it offers Moonstone or some other lighter interior color), could be really interested.

If it it landed as PHEV... I'd better not tell the wife. Even just upgrade to Li-ion would make it harder to resist.

No other info I can find online - wonder if this might be an embargo bust?

Reactions: Momoftwins

·
Registered
119 Posts

How could they use the phrase "car camping" with seats that don't come out? Maybe they will learn from the huge mistake and make them easily removable.

·
Registered
117 Posts
How could they use the phrase "car camping" with seats that don't come out? Maybe they will learn from the huge mistake and make them easily removable.
With the new knee airbags, I do not think they will be doing this for this generation. And for the select few, I dont think a lot of people will care for those who have a few kids and use it strictly as a family hauler.

Plus whether people like it or not, bc of MPGs alone, this will make it a big buy for most people out there, especially with gas being as high as it is atm.

·
Registered
119 Posts
With the new knee airbags, I do not think they will be doing this for this generation. And for the select few, I dont think a lot of people will care for those who have a few kids and use it strictly as a family hauler.

Plus whether people like it or not, bc of MPGs alone, this will make it a big buy for most people out there, especially with gas being as high as it is atm.
Obviously, not so select. But thank you. I believe it can and will be done.

·
Registered
2021 XSE AWD PP Celestial Silver Metallic
115 Posts
It will also come in black. Here’s a more detailed view from the Toyota press page: Embrace Your Adventurous Side with the All-New Sienna Woodland Special Edition - Toyota USA Newsroom
Thanks for the info. Neither news piece mentions the amount of added ground clearance, but even an inch would be nice. Other than that, it looks just like my XSE, same wheels, same interior but exterior not as racy. And not much choice of color.. I wonder if the 21 XSE will be able to have an approved Toyota lift kit added.

·
Registered
2004 LE-8
75 Posts
21 - 40 of 51 Posts