Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
It will also come in black. Here’s a more detailed view from the Toyota press page: Embrace Your Adventurous Side with the All-New Sienna Woodland Special Edition - Toyota USA Newsroom
Yep, thinking that yesterday's article was indeed an embargo bust. Toyota PR dated 4/27.

Back end photo shows XLE, but I'm guessing this will shoot the gap between XLE and Limited. Except for the lift, all other details are existing-spec or cosmetic. XSE seats, Limited 18" wheels (not the 18" version of the 20" on XSE & Platinum AWDs).

Personally, would never do all-black interior, and exterior colors aren't particularly noteworthy. Why not more earth tones all around? A dark green exterior + tan interior seems more "woodland" to me. And "Cement" seems a counter-intuitive name for outdoors theme. Why not call it "Pale Dirt"?

Reactions: Momoftwins

·
Registered
91 Posts
Press pics show XLE AWD badges, guessing it's the Plus package with inverter, so $45K-ish.

Car & Driver says 0.6" lift, ground clearance is 6.9". Coincidentally, that's the same as my '04.

Looks like TSS 2.0 remains on the 2022 Sienna.
That'll be a bummer if the 2022 Sienna still comes with the antiquated TSS2.0, means Toyota is not prioritizing rolling out their latest Safety systems in their most family oriented vehicle. Hoping they change their mind before the MY202 Sienna rollout, it's one of the reasons I am still holding out. The new Kia Carnival still beats the Sienna hands-down insofar as safety features goes, looks like that may not change for 2022 models.

·
Registered
137 Posts
New video of the Woodland edition. Look like they removed the Hybrid badging on the side and black out all the emblems at the back.

·
Registered
8 Posts
In the press release it says safety sense 2.0, but lists: Pre-Collision system with Pedestrian Detection
Lane Departure Alert w/Lane Trace Assist
Full Speed Adaptive Cruise Control
Automatic High Beams
Cyclist Detection
Road Sign Recognition. Edited I guess that those are included in 2.0.

·
Registered
2021 XSE AWD PP Celestial Silver Metallic
115 Posts
New video of the Woodland edition. Look like they removed the Hybrid badging on the side and black out all the emblems at the back.

Also looks like they may have raised the receiver hitch and bumper cover so it doesn't detract from ground clearance. Hard to tell for certain.

·
Registered
95 Posts
What?! The middle row seats don't come out? How did I miss that tidbit? I wasn't in the market for a new Sienna yet, so I really had not looked into the specifics. We've owned 2 and purchased our newest Sienna because we are diehard Toyota fans, it's AWD, it has all the creature comforts and options we want, we can load a full sheet of plywood, and haul more than any SUV. I pop those seats in and out at least a couple of times a week. Did Toyota not realize that the ability to put a sheet of plywood in the back is one of the best features of this van? I can't tell you the number of times I've recommended Sienna based completely on that one fact alone. So frustrating!
I found this one to be useful.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for sharing the video. That's quite a bit of time and effort for a quick trip to grab some plywood or when heading to a vintage market for the day, but at least they do come put. I'll hang in to my current model and hope they figure out a better option before I go to purchase one.

·
Registered
8 Posts
It can still fit between middle row captains chairs vertically, apparently. Also horizontally laying up against the 2nd row headrests.

I wish i had stats, but i'd bet Toyota did surveys to come up with that justification. Would i like the ability to remove the 2nd row easy? Sure, but i'll take the safety improvement tradeoff (it's an airbag issue) for my kids instead of the ability to remove them easily.

Honestly, are people really buying sheets of plywood weekly? If so, just get a trailer. Sienna tows.
I get the safety issue. I haul plywood, or, more regularly, large pieces of furniture that would require the seats be removed far more often than I have people in the back of our van. We just have a different use for the same vehicle.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I can't think of a recent Toyota vehicle that added any significant upgrades for the second model year; they seem to wait until the mid-cycle refresh whenever possible. With the way inflation is going, buy a MY2021 if you can, because I expect MY2022 will have a decent price hike.

That said, Toyota whiffed on several emerging trends with the Gen 4 (car camping/overlanding/'outdoor lifestyle'/etc.). The Woodlands is an attempted band-aid for those mistakes, but isn't remotely there. I expect they'll rethink the 2nd row, hitch location (need it raised and integrated into the bumper), tires/suspension, cladding, camping-specific amenities/accessories, etc. for the mid-cycle refresh. There is too much money to be made turning every vehicle into an 'outdoor adventure platform' these days.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts