Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
81 - 100 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ooh i really like the Tundra and Tacoma in Cement. Not sure how I'll like the Sienna though.
Agreed. Looks great on the trucks and 4Runner, might be weird on the Sienna. Kia's Ghost Grey is similar and looks a bit weird on the Carnival (imho). Two tone might fix that though. A black roof with Cement on the rest would break it up nicely.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Agreed. Looks great on the trucks and 4Runner, might be weird on the Sienna. Kia's Ghost Grey is similar and looks a bit weird on the Carnival (imho). Two tone might fix that though. A black roof with Cement on the rest would break it up nicely.
I'm with you in that it may look weird on this vehicle. Feels like they'll make the car seem bulkier and almost feels like dissonance between the van's lines/styling and the color, IMO.

Purple would be a more fitting color with this style than Cement (and to be clear, I like the van's styling a lot). I realize no one is really clamoring for a Purple Sienna on this forum, but it honestly feels like less dissonance than Cement or Frost.

I also wish they'd keep blizzard pearl. Think that color works well with the van but perhaps I've wondered whether the paint doesn't weather well over time.

Having said all this, bring on new news for the 2022's already, sheesh!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Let's speculate on what changes!

I'm on the fence as to whether or not to buy 2021 or wait for 2022. Here are my guesses for 2022...

Upgrades:
Toyota Sense 2.5 seems likely
Wireless Apple Carplay seems unlikely, but i hope to be surprised

Fixes:
Latches to hold down third row seats

Not going to happen:
Removeable second row seats
Let's speculate on what changes!

I'm on the fence as to whether or not to buy 2021 or wait for 2022. Here are my guesses for 2022...

Upgrades:
Toyota Sense 2.5 seems likely
Wireless Apple Carplay seems unlikely, but i hope to be surprised

Fixes:
Latches to hold down third row seats

Not going to happen:
Removeable second row seats
I don’t think they are going to upgrade anything! Sad that there is no competition from Honda or Kia with a hybrid minivan.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The most likely scenario is that we will not see any changes (other than possibly different color options) until a mid-model refresh. Based on history, that would not be until around 2025.

After the 3rd generation launched with the 2011 model year, the first changes came in 2015 with a refreshed interior. In 2017 they changed the engine/trans combo and in 2018 updated the body styling and active safety features.
So 2022 is going to be a disappointment! Thanks for sharing this data

·
Premium Member
2021 XLE Plus Gray
864 Posts
Only if you were disappointed with the 2021…
Toyota's philosophy is "It it isn't broke, don't fix it." People are standing in line to buy a Hybrid+AWD Sienna, and Toyota will not make changes until competition forces them to. That is why Toyotas are so reliable. They are not constantly tinkering with the design.

·
Registered
601 Posts
They might tweek, but not tinker, might be their moto. Slight improvements where needed with known design reliablity vs starting from the ground up unless forced to, then you open yourself up to a whole bag of potential issues. I agree 100%.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Placed my order with Longo(supposedly the biggest dealership in the country, $500 refundable) back in May, was told last week by my sales guy that my car is gonna be a 2022MY with a late Oct ETA.
My hope for an on time delivery is not high, but they claim they don't mark up so for whatever it's worth I guess...

·
Registered
143 Posts
Toyota's philosophy is "It it isn't broke, don't fix it." People are standing in line to buy a Hybrid+AWD Sienna, and Toyota will not make changes until competition forces them to. That is why Toyotas are so reliable. They are not constantly tinkering with the design.
They might tweek, but not tinker, might be their moto. Slight improvements where needed with known design reliability vs starting from the ground up unless forced to, then you open yourself up to a whole bag of potential issues. I agree 100%.
Our G3 Sienna was basically a reskin of G2 but added horribly unreliable sliding doors. We've had fixes via warranty, safety recall, class-action settlement, and now my wallet. Would love to meet their lead sliding-door engineer in a bar one day.

My recent talk w/ Toyota corporate about the latest sliding door failure - and who gets the repair bill - has me thinking one-and-done with the brand.

YMMV.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Also looks like they may have raised the receiver hitch and bumper cover so it doesn't detract from ground clearance. Hard to tell for certain.
Receiver hitch is only available in 1.25” drawbar size. Very disappointed, as 1.25” is so anemic (especially for hitch mount bike racks).

·
Registered
673 Posts
Receiver hitch is only available in 1.5" drawbar size. Very disappointed, as 1.5" is so anemic (especially for hitch mount bike racks).
Only if you go OEM and buy the one from Toyota. It’s undersized and about 4x too expensive. Go with aftermarket and it’s fine

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Don't bring back the Vacuum and the freeze in Platinum and/or Limited! Looks like more people (including me) hate that giant eyesore in middle of the van!
I didn't get to see what either of those looks like when installed the van, but I kind of question the utility of a central vacuum in general .... I have a hand-held, <$50.00 battery vacuum that IMO is easier to move around the van than it would be to drag the hose. Also I used it everywhere else, where the home vac would be too unwieldy.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just missed the boat on one of the 1st Woodland Editions to drop. Apparently these are being randomly allocated to dealers by Toyota. Your local dealer is not in control of whether they get one or not. 6.96 inches of clearance is what they did. It’s basically a maxed out XLE without the entertainment package.
Font Parallel Screenshot Number Document
Font Paper Parallel Publication Document
Rectangle Font Parallel Paper product Paper

·
Registered
120 Posts
Just missed the boat on one of the 1st Woodland Editions to drop. Apparently these are being randomly allocated to dealers by Toyota. Your local dealer is not in control of whether they get one or not. 6.96 inches of clearance is what they did. It’s basically a maxed out XLE without the entertainment package. View attachment 52394 View attachment 52392 View attachment 52393
Damn.. it's still TSS 2.0 for the 2022MY. I was kinda hoping the Safety system would be upgraded to the latest, more robust TSS 2.5 +. I suspect the chip shortage might have factored into the decision, looks like other Toyota models waiting for the upgraded Safety system might not get them this model year. Sigh.

Reactions: luluDo

·
Registered
20 Posts
I hope there is a improvement in design for driver side crash rating. 2021 model just has 3 stars though it’s a top safety pick. I can’t stand that CRT like LCD screen with very low resolution for 50k minivan.

·
Registered
2004 LE-8
88 Posts
Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Car

Vehicle Gear shift Car Steering part Radio

2022 Tundra gets TSS 2.5 and the new infotainment system that first appeared on the 2022 Lexus NX, along with a twin-turbo V6 dubbed i-Force and a hybrid i-Force Max. sigh

81 - 100 of 126 Posts