Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have an inside scoop on timing for 2023 production models? We have been waitlisted since February for a Woodland. I know production for Woodlands have stopped for 2022, but curious if anyone has any insight on 2023 ramp up. My dealer has offered to switch us to another trim if we prefer, but I'm pretty set on the Woodland. Biggest reason for me is the included "Plus" package, interior colors, and the clearance (more of a bonus vs a want).

·
Registered
523 Posts
I'm now keenly interested in this as my sales rep told me that my order should be among the first batch of 2023's they receive.

24+ month wait time now :(
I do hope that Toyota's production slump on Sienna's will finally pass. I noticed that they have posted no more production cuts for North American plants, and also are sticking with the total annual production targets despite all the cuts earlier, signaling they believe they're going to ramp up production to catch up.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Does anyone have an inside scoop on timing for 2023 production models? We have been waitlisted since February for a Woodland. I know production for Woodlands have stopped for 2022, but curious if anyone has any insight on 2023 ramp up. My dealer has offered to switch us to another trim if we prefer, but I'm pretty set on the Woodland. Biggest reason for me is the included "Plus" package, interior colors, and the clearance (more of a bonus vs a want).

Attachments

·
Registered
523 Posts
Awesome news on the negligible price increase and production timing if this is accurate!

Just noticed one thing, the "Current MSRP" of the Woodland is wrong? The 2022 goes for $45,500. I also never realized until now the Woodland (which isn't available in Canada) was quite a bit more than the XSE AWD.

The 25th Edition pricing is where you would expect it, between XSE and Limited.

·
Premium Member
1,016 Posts
Since its not a major model change there wont be anything they really need to do to get ready. The line doesnt even stop.
From what I remember, automotive industry (in the US, that is) tends to have shutdowns, usually in late July - early August, for maintenance, for changes in the production proces, and also for the manufacturing workers to take vacations. This is an ideal time to make necessary modifications to the tooling etc. the the new models.

·
Registered
523 Posts
From what I remember, automotive industry (in the US, that is) tends to have shutdowns, usually in late July - early August, for maintenance, for changes in the production proces, and also for the manufacturing workers to take vacations. This is an ideal time to make necessary modifications to the tooling etc. the the new models.
Yes, summer shutdown pretty common in manufacturing, not just automotive. I know, for example, the VW plants had summer shutdown first 2 weeks of August and should be just coming back online. I do wonder about the Toyota plants though, because if you look at their monthly planned production numbers (notwithstanding constant adjustments due to shortages), there's no planned dip in August that would indicate shutdown. I know that various plants have had random non-production days throughout the year, so perhaps they used them for maintenance so that they can avoid shutdown and catch up on some production?

·
Premium Member
1,016 Posts
Yes, summer shutdown pretty common in manufacturing, not just automotive. I know, for example, the VW plants had summer shutdown first 2 weeks of August and should be just coming back online. I do wonder about the Toyota plants though, because if you look at their monthly planned production numbers (notwithstanding constant adjustments due to shortages), there's no planned dip in August that would indicate shutdown. I know that various plants have had random non-production days throughout the year, so perhaps they used them for maintenance so that they can avoid shutdown and catch up on some production?
I suppose this is possible, and maybe the summer shutdown "in one piece" is more about the UAW wanting to secure synchronized summer vacation for the production team members :)

·
Registered
2020 Sienna LE
375 Posts
To my knowledge all Toyota plants do have the same week of shutown. This year it was July 18 to 22. I dont believe any of the plants are with the UAW but they were intentionally synchronized.
Model changes usually come in the fall and unless its a major model change, nothing much happens. Sienna went through the major change 2 years ago with the 2021 so this year it would be small stuff. Like software updates, minor interior changes etc. Even when they do things like change the bumpers or headlights to give vehicles a refreshed look many times there is no installation change, things go together the same way.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts