Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.
I would like to share way how to fix spare tire when you don't use 3rd row.
I use SPARCO Strap 03773
1st stripe connected to upper clamp of 3rd row safety belt,
2nd - to low clamp
Hook attached to floor clamp (which used fo seat look)
Then you can fit 8 seat housing with accessories and put spare tire as shown.
120 degree of stripes fix spare tire as tied as possible and not allow it to be out on braking.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Excellent! Yours is the best solution I have seen on how to carry a compact spare tire inside the Sienna.

I am, however, curious about why you chose to mount the spare tire on the left side instead of on the right side. My perception is that installing the spare tire on the right side of the Sienna would allow the larger portion of the third row seat to be used by two passengers and also allow more luggage to be carried in the well that exists when the larger portion of the third row seat is deployed.

In what country do you live?

·
Super Moderator
2015 Sienna Limited Premium
5,698 Posts
If you mount it on the right you could end up with the vinyl tire cover blocking the rear HVAC air intake.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm from Russia. I've bought this car after 20 years of using MB and BMW, which quality came to under low level.... And was surprised by Toyota. Usually I drive 4 persons so don't need to use 3rd row, but going to a long ride n travel to Europe, so need a large space inside.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.