Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
201 - 220 of 253 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Toyota Sienna XLE AWD
4 Posts
Hey bbbuzy. Sorry for the delay but here's some answers for you.

1) measured out as truly 3.5" lift. If you load it up, that will decrease of course and would depend on how much you load it up. We loaded up and drove some dirt roads to a mountain pass near by and had no issue clearing the various rocks and never had a contact with a rock.

2) no rubbing so far and don't expect any.

3) just used some plastic-dip to mute the chrome/aluminum bits.

4) I'm in Colorado and I did all the work myself except at home. I did take it to a shop to fix up the exhaust and alignment. It took me about 5 hours to do the front and about 9 hours for the back.

If you are looking to increase lift for snowy roads and dirt roads, I think you'll be really happy with this mod. If you want to take it off-roading, go buy a vehicle designed for that. Just because the van now has some good ground clearance doesn't mean the vehicle can handle those high loads and I'm guessing you start busting parts like tie rods, cv joints etc.

hope that helps. I'm totally sold on the mods and ready for some snow!
Keffler, I was wondering now that you're a couple of years into the mods that you did, do you have any regrets or things you would do differently?

·
Registered
2 Posts
As far as the roof rack goes, I used Inno complete roof track system with 62" bars. I scrapped the stock roof rack. We occasionally use a CVT roof top tent and the stock rack buckled.

Apologies for resurrecting a 6-months dormant post.

Can this community provide any more details on the Inno complete roof track install that was hot swapped in place of the factory rails here? I couldn't decipher what was done from the posted pictures, and my pings of both the Inno company & OP haven't panned out.

Remove factory roof rail, insert/bolt an entirely new track in its place? Drilling involved, or using the factory roof rail bolt hole locations? Looks like the Inno "Fixed Point" feet were used. https://www.etrailer.com/Roof-Rack/Inno/INXP.html

Thanks team.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Apologies for resurrecting a 6-months dormant post.

Can this community provide any more details on the Inno complete roof track install that was hot swapped in place of the factory rails here? I couldn't decipher what was done from the posted pictures, and my pings of both the Inno company & OP haven't panned out.

Remove factory roof rail, insert/bolt an entirely new track in its place? Drilling involved, or using the factory roof rail bolt hole locations? Looks like the Inno "Fixed Point" feet were used. https://www.etrailer.com/Roof-Rack/Inno/INXP.html

Thanks team.
From the photo it look like you can see replaced the screw from the old rails, still in the roof. Then used the outer trim slot for a new slide, thus allowing you to place the foot pad anywhere on the track.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I would love to chat with you about the lift kit and how it affects performance and gas mileage. I've messed up my front bumper and been on enough roads where I don't have enough clearance to realize that my lifestyle requires a lift. But I'm trying to do as much research as possible. I'm thinking lift kit and some kind of heavy duty bumpers.
I'm in the same boat as you!
I already ordered the kit and trying to find a way of making a heavy duty bumper!
Let me know if you found some info on that as well.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Lift kit installed on the AWD van this past weekend... hit minor issues here and there.... but over all the kit is great :)

https://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/wto/d/17-inch-trd-pro-wheels-and/6669500072.html
I would really appreciate if you let me know, if you can open the sliding doors with this 6 lugs wheels you put on.
I am searching for an adopter for 5x114.3/ 5x4.5 to 6 lug bolts pattern! I found one wheel adopter only that is 2 inch in thickness! It would be no problem for front wheels but the question is 2 inch extra added space to the back wheels would it cause issues for sliding doors to be opened ?
Can you please let me know how could you find those 5 to 6 lug adopters, is there something I need to know before going for this option!
Anyone here has done this before ? Would appreciate your guidance.

·
Registered
2012 XLE AWD
12 Posts
I just ordered a set to adapt jeep wheels onto the van, pricing was fair for being made to my spec. Fit the wheels perfect, I didnt pull a tire off the van yet, but Im confident. I ordered friday night, they arrived at my door the following thursday or friday. I have no financial interest in this company, I was just very satisfied with the product.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Quick report on my recent experience with the Journeys crew. Since I needed to be in AZ anyway, I traveled to Prescott and had them install their lift kit and a set of Airlift bags in our 2015 AWD Limited. Father/son team, as some of you may know- Mike (dad) and Tom (son). Tom handles the installs, Mike answers the phone and runs the business. Super nice folks.

Among the news they shared is that they've recently acquired a new 4000 sq ft shop space, and plan to hire another mechanic, apparently due to rising demand. Mike indicated some frustration with falling behind on their R&D work, which includes plans for a Sienna roof rack. They also suggested they might be more discriminating in the future regarding willingness to work on Siennas from the rust belt- rust buildup makes the install a PIA. Another tidbit they shared is that they've sold at least 25 kits to Kendall Toyota in Bend, Oregon.

Tom indicated he could get the alignment "pretty close" after the kit was installed, but suggested I get an official (i.e. computer-based) alignment before returning to Oregon. I was unable to do that due to time constraints, but will do so now that I'm home.

The drive from AZ to OR was about 1200 miles of highway driving. I was quite impressed with how the Sienna handles after the lift, i.e. not much detectable difference. Part of this may be due to my new wheel/tire setup; 245/65R17 Michelin Defender LTXs on Raceline Evo Wheels 17x7.5, +20 offset (slightly less positive offset, so pushed a bit further out). I do think that the Sienna approaches its limits when cornering a bit faster with the taller profile, so some additional caution is warranted, but overall I'm very happy with the relatively small effect on handling. The Sienna is not a vehicle designed to go around corners fast anyway. It should be noted that these impressions were when the vehicle was only lightly loaded.

I had a small amount of rubbing with the new wheel/tire setup, which remains after the lift. Only at full lock. Pretty sure this is occurring near the mudflaps. It is minimal, and acceptable to me.

I've been out mushroom collecting a few times since returning to Oregon, on some roads with large, deep potholes. Pretty sure I would have had some scraping before the lift, but the Sienna handled them just fine. This is precisely the kind of situation for which I had the work done. No "wheeling"; just additional capability on less than perfectly flat roads.

All in all, a very positive experience, and while I do not have a lot of varied usage with the lift, or time with it, I can highly recommend it at this point.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Quick report on my recent experience with the Journeys crew. Since I needed to be in AZ anyway, I traveled to Prescott and had them install their lift kit and a set of Airlift bags in our 2015 AWD Limited. Father/son team, as some of you may know- Mike (dad) and Tom (son). Tom handles the installs, Mike answers the phone and runs the business. Super nice folks.

Among the news they shared is that they've recently acquired a new 4000 sq ft shop space, and plan to hire another mechanic, apparently due to rising demand. Mike indicated some frustration with falling behind on their R&D work, which includes plans for a Sienna roof rack. They also suggested they might be more discriminating in the future regarding willingness to work on Siennas from the rust belt- rust buildup makes the install a PIA. Another tidbit they shared is that they've sold at least 25 kits to Kendall Toyota in Bend, Oregon.

Tom indicated he could get the alignment "pretty close" after the kit was installed, but suggested I get an official (i.e. computer-based) alignment before returning to Oregon. I was unable to do that due to time constraints, but will do so now that I'm home.

The drive from AZ to OR was about 1200 miles of highway driving. I was quite impressed with how the Sienna handles after the lift, i.e. not much detectable difference. Part of this may be due to my new wheel/tire setup; 245/75R17 Michelin Defender LTXs on Raceline Evo Wheels 17x7.5, +20 offset (slightly less positive offset, so pushed a bit further out). I do think that the Sienna approaches its limits when cornering a bit faster with the taller profile, so some additional caution is warranted, but overall I'm very happy with the relatively small effect on handling. The Sienna is not a vehicle designed to go around corners fast anyway. It should be noted that these impressions were when the vehicle was only lightly loaded.

I had a small amount of rubbing with the new wheel/tire setup, which remains after the lift. Only at full lock. Pretty sure this is occurring near the mudflaps. It is minimal, and acceptable to me.

I've been out mushroom collecting a few times since returning to Oregon, on some roads with large, deep potholes. Pretty sure I would have had some scraping before the lift, but the Sienna handled them just fine. This is precisely the kind of situation for which I had the work done. No "wheeling"; just additional capability on less than perfectly flat roads.

All in all, a very positive experience, and while I do not have a lot of varied usage with the lift, or time with it, I can highly recommend it at this point.
Congrats on your new set up and lifts!
Hope you enjoying your Sienna much more now!

I've already installed the lift kit but still couldn't make mind on the tire size, I was thinking about 255/65R17 which has an over all 30.1" diameters.
But after you mentioned you put that 245/75R17 I'm quite surprised. Your wheels have a 31.5" over all diameters.
Could you modify the wheel wells or bumper to get rid off the rubbing issue ?
How the tires fit the rear wheel wells ?
I've seen the 255/65R17 on rear which is pretty tight to fit, how did you fit yours which is even 1" taller and bigger 🙂?

·
Registered
13 Posts

The drive from AZ to OR was about 1200 miles of highway driving. I was quite impressed with how the Sienna handles after the lift, i.e. not much detectable difference. Part of this may be due to my new wheel/tire setup; 245/75R17 Michelin Defender LTXs on Raceline Evo Wheels 17x7.5, +20 offset (slightly less positive offset, so pushed a bit further out). I do think that the Sienna approaches its limits when cornering a bit faster with the taller profile, so some additional caution is warranted, but overall I'm very happy with the relatively small effect on handling. The Sienna is not a vehicle designed to go around corners fast anyway. It should be noted that these impressions were when the vehicle was only lightly loaded.

Is it possible if you add some pictures from your vehicle and wheels ?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Congrats on your new set up and lifts!
Hope you enjoying your Sienna much more now!

I've already installed the lift kit but still couldn't make mind on the tire size, I was thinking about 255/65R17 which has an over all 30.1" diameters.
But after you mentioned you put that 245/75R17 I'm quite surprised. Your wheels have a 31.5" over all diameters.
Could you modify the wheel wells or bumper to get rid off the rubbing issue ?
How the tires fit the rear wheel wells ?
I've seen the 255/65R17 on rear which is pretty tight to fit, how did you fit yours which is even 1" taller and bigger 🙂?
I'll try to find time to take some pics later this week.

I think my tires are closer to 29.5", and are about the biggest that will fit. I am sorry, it was a typo- they are actually 245/65R17, not 245/75R17. (I edited my post to correct this.)

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'll try to find time to take some pics later this week.

I think my tires are closer to 29.5", and are about the biggest that will fit. I am sorry, it was a typo- they are actually 245/65R17, not 245/75R17. (I edited my post to correct this.)
Thank you for letting me know, I appreciate it.
Yeah if you could attach some pictures that would be wonderful , we can use those pictures as refrence 🙏

·
Registered
92 Posts
Finally, I have lifted and tire fitted my 2013 limited AWD Sienna.
Put alot of time, energy and money 😅
Changed shucks and struts, installed Journey's kit! Planning of some other mods in future .
Looks great Alireza.

I know the feeling of doing homework, wondering about certain choices, then spending large chunks of money on your Sienna. Been there, done that. The lift, two sets of tires, one set of wheels, etc.

I've had my van out on some backroads during mushroom hunting season here in Oregon. Nothing too rough, but that wasn't the goal. I'm really happy with my setup so far and console myself that I set our family up with a super flexible and capable rig for all kinds of outdoor adventures in coming years. In other words, the investments now will be amortized over an extended period.

I bet you will be really happy with your new setup. Keep us posted on future mods.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Looks great Alireza.

I know the feeling of doing homework, wondering about certain choices, then spending large chunks of money on your Sienna. Been there, done that. The lift, two sets of tires, one set of wheels, etc.

I've had my van out on some backroads during mushroom hunting season here in Oregon. Nothing too rough, but that wasn't the goal. I'm really happy with my setup so far and console myself that I set our family up with a super flexible and capable rig for all kinds of outdoor adventures in coming years. In other words, the investments now will be amortized over an extended period.

I bet you will be really happy with your new setup. Keep us posted on future mods.
Sure! Thanks for the support!

·
Registered
46 Posts
@SkiShootClimb75 What are you using to attach/lock the recovery boards to the roof rails?

Thanks,
Mike

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Hi mike

sorry didn’t get back to you sooner. I initially used heavy duty xxl zip ties and then lock it w a short cable style lock around the rack. I’ve also just strap them down with Thule tie downs. No stealing so far.

I think there’s also a mount kit w a lock option you can get, similar to how they mount the rotapax.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hey SSC75. Just want to share you what my sienna look after the kit. Patriots Off-road installed the kit. We like it.

Did you install transmission oil cooler?
hello Jab.

looks nice. I like how the lift just makes the sienna look more functional. Your set up looks like it came factory lifted!!

I have about 20k miles on sienna with the 3.5 lift kit. Changed both front cv axles as recommended at time of install. Did well for 18 miles. Started making clinking noises at 18k miles of use, mainly highway with 10% dirt trails. No heavy off road.

Clinking got progressively worse. Les schwabb in Reno diagnosed a bad left cv axle as we were coming back from Yellowstone Montana to northern CAL. Problem solved noise completely gone right after the fix. 2-3k miles out now from new cv axle replacement and noise slowly
Coming back. I think it may be the transmission. I have 202k miles and the tranny was having mild rough shifting issues before the installation of the lift. I’m considering getting the transmission rebuilt w a reputable shop in in SAC I just enjoy this van so much and the engine is going strong.

Hope some of these info will help you and others with their vans. Best wishes and merry Xmas.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Finally, I have lifted and tire fitted my 2013 limited AWD Sienna.
Put alot of time, energy and money 😅
Changed shucks and struts, installed Journey's kit! Planning of some other mods in future . I've attached some pictures as well.
View attachment 47902
View attachment 47903 View attachment 47904
Sure! Thanks for the support!
Hi everyone,
I’m about to get the lift kit installed on the sienna. My mechanics only concern is the alignment afterward. Did y’all have any complications like that or anything else? I’m just using the kit for clearance during snow season.
Thanks

201 - 220 of 253 Posts