Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
221 - 240 of 253 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi everyone,
I’m about to get the lift kit installed on the sienna. My mechanics only concern is the alignment afterward. Did y’all have any complications like that or anything else? I’m just using the kit for clearance during snow season.
Thanks
i have same lift kit installed on 2013 sienna awd. No issues with alignment. I dropped down to 17 inch wheels and bigger tires to max diameter as recommended by journeys off Road. No issues w alignment after tire change either.

have almost 20k miles after lift kit installed. No alignment issues.

As far as improved clearance, a foot of new snow in Tahoe is no longer a problem. Driving on dirt roads and fire trails not problem.

if you do install the lift, and changing out cv axle is recommended, I would pay extra for the TOYOTA FACTORY axles. The after market axles may induce vibrations as they may not be true as the original factory parts. I used Moog and have to tolerate the slight vibration.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i have same lift kit installed on 2013 sienna awd. No issues with alignment. I dropped down to 17 inch wheels and bigger tires to max diameter as recommended by journeys off Road. No issues w alignment after tire change either.

have almost 20k miles after lift kit installed. No alignment issues.

As far as improved clearance, a foot of new snow in Tahoe is no longer a problem. Driving on dirt roads and fire trails not problem.

if you do install the lift, and changing out cv axle is recommended, I would pay extra for the TOYOTA FACTORY axles. The after market axles may induce vibrations as they may not be true as the original factory parts. I used Moog and have to tolerate the slight vibration.
HI Skishootclimb,
Thanks for the respond. Thought the thread was dead. Mine is 2016 awd with 23k miles. Change the cv axle still?

·
Registered
46 Posts
HI Skishootclimb,
Thanks for the respond. Thought the thread was dead. Mine is 2016 awd with 23k miles. Change the cv axle still?
hi.
Don’t change your original factory cv axles. If only 23k miles you should have another 100k Miles without having to mess with them. I had 184k miles in my 2013 when I did the lift. Journeys recommended. In hindsight, I should have left my OEM axles alone.

the lift really helped the van handle light off road/snow.

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi.
Don’t change your original factory cv axles. If only 23k miles you should have another 100k Miles without having to mess with them. I had 184k miles in my 2013 when I did the lift. Journeys recommended. In hindsight, I should have left my OEM axles alone.

the lift really helped the van handle light off road/snow.
Thank you for your help! Installing this month.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone,
I’m about to get the lift kit installed on the sienna. My mechanics only concern is the alignment afterward. Did y’all have any complications like that or anything else? I’m just using the kit for clearance during snow season.
Thanks
Hi, I just got my lift kit installed on my 2015 Limited FWD but the sway bar links they provide are too short and install different than the stock links. After driving for a few days I noticed a loud knock every time I went over a bump. After inspecting I concluded that it was caused by the sway bar hitting the frame of the vehicle. That was caused by the short links. I called Journey Off road and after a couple of days have not heard from them. It seems to me like they don't manufacture their links but use ones made for a different vehicle. I read on a forum that someone had the same problem and purchased Godspeed universal adjustable links. I will try them and post back in a few days.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, I just got my lift kit installed on my 2015 Limited FWD but the sway bar links they provide are too short and install different than the stock links. After driving for a few days I noticed a loud knock every time I went over a bump. After inspecting I concluded that it was caused by the sway bar hitting the frame of the vehicle. That was caused by the short links. I called Journey Off road and after a couple of days have not heard from them. It seems to me like they don't manufacture their links but use ones made for a different vehicle. I read on a forum that someone had the same problem and purchased Godspeed universal adjustable links. I will try them and post back in a few days.
Yea some one on page 2 did the Godspeed and didn’t have issues. Thanks let us know. Good luck

·
Registered
2011 Sienna Limited 2WD with JOR lift kit
18 Posts
This also happened to me. I have a 2011 FWD model. I replaced the included sway bar end links with the Godspeed adjustable links. Now, the geometry is straight up and down of the end link, but you do need to be sure to tighten all the adjusting nuts! Also, no more loud noises when hitting bumps!

Now if only I could figure out why I have a vibration after I have replaced everything up front...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Lift kit installed on the AWD van this past weekend... hit minor issues here and there.... but over all the kit is great :)

https://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/wto/d/17-inch-trd-pro-wheels-and/6669500072.html
hello I'm new to the group but just purchased a 07 sienna xle awd with the journeys 3.5" kit installed an your pics with 6lug TRD rims caught my attention ..what adapter or how did you go about the 6 lug conversion this is something i really want to do but have found no info on please if you could share some info ...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi All,

Been watching for 3 years.
I have decided to buy my Sienna (XLE AWD) as the lease is up. Thought was only going have it for 3 years. Can't find anything with the interior room unless I go commerical van like Sprinter/Transit. Wife will not drive them.

Anyways, I need tires again! I went though stock run flats twice in less than 30k miles. Live in the eastern Sierra mountains (Reno). Roads chew up all highway tires.

Can I run a 245/60/18 on 18x8 +40 wheels without the lift?

I have seen in this string the lift is mainly for ground clearance not tire fitment. Is that accurate?

Been stuffing AT/MT tires on pickups for years so not scared to make some room for larger tires.

I have garage restrictions with my cargo box on. Only have about 3" total I can go up.

All answers are appreciated. Thank you

·
Registered
2015 Sienna LE FWD
17 Posts
I have ordered the kit for my 2015 Sienna and am now I'm trying to find some wheels with less offset. I'm looking at a few 17x7 with 0 offset, but am a little concerned they might protrude too far from the body. Does anyone have experience with 1.5" spacers or wheels with about 35mm less offset from stock?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have ordered the kit for my 2015 Sienna and am now I'm trying to find some wheels with less offset. I'm looking at a few 17x7 with 0 offset, but am a little concerned they might protrude too far from the body. Does anyone have experience with 1.5" spacers or wheels with about 35mm less offset from stock?
Check posts #227-229 above. 15-20 offset seems to be pretty optimum for running slightly bigger tires with the Journeys kit. Moves things out a bit to help offset geometry changes with the lift, but not so much they stick out past the wheelwells. I guess wheel spacers work but I steered clear of them.

Don't have tons of miles on it yet, but I'm very pleased with the setup described above

·
Registered
75 Posts
Skishootclimb75,
I know you switched these parts out, but can u tell me what is going on here? Looks like a journeys 3.5" lift spacer with the megan racing rear adjustable height kit. Some of this seems like a really good idea and is interesting to me. When I called megan racing they insisted their parts only work if you want to go in down in height, not up. What was the results height wise, handling, rear control arm travel? Thanks!

·
Registered
2015 Sienna LE FWD
17 Posts
Picked up my 2015 FWD from the shop yesterday! I had a local shop install the Journey's kit (Mike at Journey's recommended them).

So far almost everything feels really good, I don't notice a difference in handling other than one thing: when straightening the wheel after a 90 degree turn there is a very slight wobble/vibration that can be felt in the steering wheel. My guess is the CV axles may need to adjust to the new angle (they have 80k on them).

I am very pleased the the extra height, which we wanted for camping and heavy snow days here in Utah. Also the 235/65 r17 Cooper Discoverer tires look much better with a little lift on the van. Now I just need to decide if I put some new wheels on it with slightly less positive offset (the stance did not change much from the lift). I also installed some Air Lift bags in the rear that should help when we load it up for camping (or a trip to Costco 😂).

·
Registered
2016 Toyota Sienna XLE Premium 8 Passengers 🚐
123 Posts
bringing that camping - is that feasible? I read some stories but..

The sienna is a nearly 5,000lb road queen w/improper gearing for over-landing. The thought of bringing all that weight while on narrow tires on soft dirt makes me uncomfortable. LOL😅

If you were able to accommodate 33" tires on steel rims that can be aired down to 5psi, structurally reinforced recovery hooks and a winch with mounts on both ends, and skid plates..I'd feel much better! Always carry recovery ropes. :)

·
Registered
2015 Sienna LE FWD
17 Posts
Those that have installed the Godspeed adjustable swaybar link: how did you determine the correct length? Does the length change when the vehicle is lifted (with a jack, control arms fully drooping) vs sitting flat on the ground?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Those that have installed the Godspeed adjustable swaybar link: how did you determine the correct length? Does the length change when the vehicle is lifted (with a jack, control arms fully drooping) vs sitting flat on the ground?
From what ive read in the past with the journeys lift 8" to 8.5" is where u want to be. At full droop you dont want the sway bar to hit the lower control arm. And if too short it can bind when needing full articulation resulting in the links bending or coming loose all the time.

·
Registered
2015 Sienna LE FWD
17 Posts
From what ive read in the past with the journeys lift 8" to 8.5" is where u want to be. At full droop you dont want the sway bar to hit the lower control arm. And if too short it can bind when needing full articulation resulting in the links bending or coming loose all the time.
That makes sense, thank you for explaining it!

221 - 240 of 253 Posts