Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Are there any engine torque / transmission issues with going to larger tire?
I'm looking to go from stock 235/55R18 to 235/60 or 235/65
I don't want to be in 5th gear at 75 mph.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Finished all the mods for now that are focused around the Journey lift kit. Overall, I'm really happy with how it turned out.

Here's some pictures before the lift, after doing just the lift and then after I swapped out the tires for Yoko Geolandar AT and some other mods.

I'd highly recommend this kit if you are realistic about what you are getting. For the price, I'm really happy with it. It took some tinkering but overall pretty straight forward consider I've never lifted a vehicle before. If you are looking to take this on some real off-roading, I'd be very careful. Just because it might have the clearance for more action, the components were never designed to take the extra stress of real off road loads (side loads, high torque at low speed, impacts etc).

For me, I'm a total fan of the Sienna platform but needed more lift for heavy snow days, pothole roads and some gravel/forest service roads here and there. Mission Accomplished!

Much thanks to those of you who have posted info as it's all been very helpful and hope this helps add to the discussion.

Started with a 2015 Sienna XLE, AWD 16k miles

Added:
1) Journey Lift Kit
2) Godspeed(SB-TR-130-12) Adjustable Front Sway Bar Links
3) 235/60R18 Yokohama Geolandar AT G015 Tires
4) Mud Guards
5) Blacked out chrome wheels and markings
6) Draw-tite hidden hitch
7) Cross roof bars
Great pics, Quick Q, after you put the thick paint coating for rock guard to the lower side of the van, did the road noise decrease by a noticeable amount?

·
Registered
29 Posts
How are the lifted vans holding up with respect to CV joints, stress to the tranny, etc? Major issues for one member in another thread but curious what other members experiences have been.
An update on my lift kit.

I have not had any problems with the CV joints, boots, alignment, handling. I have put 17,490 miles on it with the Journeys OffRoad lift kit. My Sienna is a daily driver and a road trip/vacation vehicle. I live in Concord CA and drive extensively. Shortly after the lift kit installation, I drove to the Great Slave Lake in the Northwest Territories with no problems. I use the van on Forest Service roads and BLM roads of widely varying quality. Some of the Forest Service roads will shake you fillings out if you drive over 5MPH. Some of the FS roads are deeply rutted. I haven't scraped bottom or come close to high centering with the kit.

Essentially I am very pleased with the lift kit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looking to add the 3.5 lift to my 2011 AWD. Do any of you Colorado folks have any recommendations for shops in the Denver area that could do this work? Thx!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Many more mods have been made - psyched for driving in the snow!
Looks amazing. Did you add the pop-top? I'm in the process of having the Journeys 3.5" lift kit and 1" spacers installed on my 2011 AWD Sienna. I'm keeping the rims but upping the tire size from 235 55 r18 to the 255 55 r18. Any thoughts or suggestions?

61 - 66 of 66 Posts