Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
If you don't want to worry about crimping and installing terminal headers, I just saw this post from general discussion.

If you want to order this connector with wires already attached, it is used at one end of the Subaru wiring harness H501SSG010, readily available on eBay (although I found the best price from a seller on Walmart). As shown in the attached photographs, I replaced the other end of the cable with a 12V receptacle and installed it with the 12V receptacle behind my rear-view mirror, and my dash cam plugged in to that. One caution though - as seen in the last photograph, while pulling the panel down, I broke some of the ribs off the red clips that hold the panel to the ceiling. Maybe this happened because I pulled the panel loose one side at a time, instead of straight down? It does not remove gently! Fortunately, when I reinstalled it, it is completely snug; not loose at all.

View attachment 53296 View attachment 53297 View attachment 53298 View attachment 53299 View attachment 53300

·
Registered
12 Posts
I’m looking at the pictures and it looks like the hardwire insulation was too thick to crimp around using the female connector pin is that correct? I have the hardwire kit for the Voodoo A129 plus and I cannot figure out a way to crimp around the insulation.
This is where I'm stuck. Did you ever find a solution? I was trying to crimp around the insulation, but it's too thick. I saw one of the pictures here showed that the connector pin was crimped to the wire and not the insulation, so I was curious if you did this and had it work.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
This is where I'm stuck. Did you ever find a solution? I was trying to crimp around the insulation, but it's too thick. I saw one of the pictures here showed that the connector pin was crimped to the wire and not the insulation, so I was curious if you did this and had it work.
I stripped back around 2cm of insulation and then used heat shrink which was thin enough to fit into the connector.

Ruler Office ruler Finger Tool Wood
Handwriting Ring binder Font Office supplies Line
Vehicle Car Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes, I already had these https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00YGLKBSK for various other electronics projects. Lots of times where crimping JST/DuPont pins is needed.
I did it! Thank you so much! I picked up some heat shrink at Harbor Freight, but had to do it without the crimping tool. Pulling down the control panel was hard, so I had my husband do it. 😄

It's working great now. Thanks again!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey, all! This conversation has been thoroughly enlightening. So I used the OEM wiring harness and the other original male harness to hook up my dash cam. It works when I turn the vehicle on, but when I turn the van off, it shuts down completely. I was under the impression that if I connected to all three wires, it would provide power after I turned the van off. Am I incorrect, or did I just wire improperly?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey, all! This conversation has been thoroughly enlightening. So I used the OEM wiring harness and the other original male harness to hook up my dash cam. It works when I turn the vehicle on, but when I turn the van off, it shuts down completely. I was under the impression that if I connected to all three wires, it would provide power after I turned the van off. Am I incorrect, or did I just wire improperly?
Nevermind, I'm an idiot. I got my wires crossed (ACC+/BATT+). Now that they're in the right place, it works like a charm!

41 - 50 of 50 Posts