Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am seeking more ground clearance on my 2008 AWD Limited. There are expensive and complex solutions out there, but these linked below seem too simple. I am not an auto mechanic so I don't really know. Has anyone tried these or have an idea if they would work? I was thinking that I could use them and get larger tires as well to gain ~2.5", which will help keep the trailer hitch from scraping my freaking driveway every time I pull in and out:mad:. More clearance for dirt roads, snow, and camping trips is what I am after, not serious offroading.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/112460633808
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rear-coil-...&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=m570.l1313#vi-ilComp

Thanks!

·
Registered
297 Posts
The rear ones aren't compatible with a 2008. Curious to hear reviews as well.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have the parts and I had a big 4x4 friend look at the parts. He thought they looked fine. It is a fairly cheap and easy solution. From what I could tell you really wouldn't need any other parts and probacly would be fine with just the spacers. My friend said it is pretty common to get stuff like this from Russia because their roads are so bad. Warning shipping takes a month.

I decided if I'm lifting I'd rather go with the larger and more thought out kit from Journey Offroad.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did! My local 4x4 dealer would not install them due to lack of familiarity with Siennas but the local Toyota dealer installed them for $550.00. I gained about 35 mm of height. I also added air boots to the rear which added another ~3/4" to the back. Very happy thus far, now I plan on larger tires (235/70/16) for an additional 1/2". No negative effects thus far, I think the van actually handles a bit better, tho I have no idea why!

·
Registered
397 Posts
I did! My local 4x4 dealer would not install them due to lack of familiarity with Siennas but the local Toyota dealer installed them for $550.00. I gained about 35 mm of height. I also added air boots to the rear which added another ~3/4" to the back. Very happy thus far, now I plan on larger tires (235/70/16) for an additional 1/2". No negative effects thus far, I think the van actually handles a bit better, tho I have no idea why!
$550 to install, that just seems high to me. I can't believe a 4x4 shop would turn down a chance to make easy cash though. post up some pics.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I agree, I had hoped it would be less, and it's probably something that someone can do on their own if they have the right tools/knowhow... I was glad to have a dealer/expert do it and also do the alignment afterwards(that was a part of the cost). I'll post pics soon, it still has the smaller wheels (bigger snow tires coming..) but you can see the extra wheel well clearance. My hitch no longer scrapes when I back into the driveway!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Buck's 4x4 in Boise turned it down. I was surprised, they do full mod stuff on Jeeps and trucks etc. The guy said that they don't work on Siennas.

·
Registered
397 Posts
So you had the front and rear spacers added and the air lift bags installed. I may have to do the spacers myself not sure yet as I have not attached my camper yet. Just got done adding the hitch and wiring, and air lift 1000 bags etc.. looking forward to your pics!

·
Registered
154 Posts
I looked at using those for the front, but didn't want to wait the additional time for shipping, so I had my own waterjet cut. I think it would have been easier and quicker to just order those. I'm not sure if your choice for the rear will work, I had been told they wouldn't. I ended up having taller custom rear springs made for $300, which isn't much more expensive but is probably much more legit.

Sienna TRD 4x4

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just curious if anyone has any updates on this thread? Have those spacers held up so far? Thanks!

Reactions: Craigrrr

·
Registered
397 Posts
Just curious if anyone has any updates on this thread? Have those spacers held up so far? Thanks!
I have the 40mm front strut spacers in my 08 and so far so good Love the height it gave, I now can roll up to a parking curb and not rub the underside. For the rear I installed a 2" metal coil spring spacer and all is good here is a pic of the rear spacer going in, I can not find a pic of the front spacer, I got mine form Tema 4x4 out of russia on ebay

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts