Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
All,

I purchased a 2021 Sienna Limited FWD yesterday and noticed it didn’t come with the ottoman chairs on the 2nd roll. It is just regular captain chairs...what am I missing? I thought all FWD limited has the ottoman? Am I correct?
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
261 Posts
I don't think that's accurate. Perhaps it's showing available because you didn't select FWD or AWD specifically?

See this pic:
View attachment 50540
Sorry, I wasn't disagreeing. I initially commented that I thought ottomans were PLT trim only but then saw I was wrong and updated the comment with the picture. I should have been more clear.

I can't imagine how they miss something like that. @Tacomapasu the parts are all available (they've been shown in other threads) so the retrofit is possible. I would 100% expect the dealer or the factory to retrofit the proper chairs to your satisfaction. First I'd go through and make sure there's nothing else missing!

Does the window sticker show FWD and ottomans?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes window sticker has it.

Sorry, I wasn't disagreeing. I initially commented that I thought ottomans were PLT trim only but then saw I was wrong and updated the comment with the picture. I should have been more clear.

I can't imagine how they miss something like that. @Tacomapasu the parts are all available (they've been shown in other threads) so the retrofit is possible. I would 100% expect the dealer or the factory to retrofit the proper chairs to your satisfaction. First I'd go through and make sure there's nothing else missing!

Does the window sticker show FWD and ottomans?

Attachments

·
Registered
Toyota Sienna 2021 AWD Platinum
511 Posts
That’s what the dealer said. She said it is optional....
IMHO, the dealer is likely just guessing. Everyone here have reported that their FWD Limiteds and Platinums have Ottomans.

Plugin your VIN in URL below for detailed spec, or check your window sticker. I don't have a sample vin for an FWD limited to compare to. Here's one for AWD Limited from online.
5TDZSKFC2MS024897

Possibly, they ran out of Ottoman Chairs so started building them with Regular ones. We are in a bizarre car market right now so anything is possible.

·
Registered
511 Posts
yes window sticker has it.
That's the smoking gun. You got short changed. I think they will correct it, might just not be right away.

FWIW, one exceptional incident reported here was that their unit was missing entire HDMI plug and wires that go along with it.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
This situation sounds totally bizarre. Is the OP sure he didn't get an AWD Limited by mistake?

·
Registered
511 Posts
This situation sounds totally bizarre. Is the OP sure he didn't get an AWD Limited by mistake?
The window sticker in post #9 spells out that this unit is supposed to have Ottomans.

My guess is it is either a real mistake, or an intentional one. Intentional one if they were short on one with Ottomans so got they sale anyways with chairs in stock. This is relatively easy replacement so may be a win-win for both, the buyer and the seller. Hopefully, OP can negotiate couple other accessories and/or extended warranty out of it! It doesn't cost Toyota much for these.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The window sticker in post #9 spells out that this unit is supposed to have Ottomans.

My guess is it is either a real mistake, or an intentional one. Intentional one if they were short on one with Ottomans so got they sale anyways with chairs in stock. This is relatively easy replacement so may be a win-win for both, the buyer and the seller. Hopefully, OP can negotiate couple other accessories and/or extended warranty out of it! It doesn't cost Toyota much for these.
I ended up getting a call from the relationship manager and he offered to make it right. He asked me to wait for 10 days for the parts to arrive and he will have it fixed for me. I hope there is a happy ending to this story. I will keep you all posted. Thank you for the input and yes I agree this is totally weird...

·
Registered
199 Posts
He asked me to wait for 10 days for the parts to arrive and he will have it fixed for me.
Maybe it’s a bit of a PITA, but that’s how a well run dealer should handle things, IMO. Factory made a mistake. Car was delivered not to spec. They’ll make it right. Kudos to them (except that idiot salesperson who tried telling you it was an option you didn’t select).

·
Registered
511 Posts
I ended up getting a call from the relationship manager and he offered to make it right. He asked me to wait for 10 days for the parts to arrive and he will have it fixed for me. I hope there is a happy ending to this story. I will keep you all posted. Thank you for the input and yes I agree this is totally weird...

See if you can get them to list out parts they order - if not whole chairs replacement. That would be a huge favor to many here. Some here have wondered about updating their regular non-ottoman chairs on AWDs to Ottoman ones. There are a couple of deep researched posts here with estimates of about $2700 in parts for the update.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Maybe it’s a bit of a PITA, but that’s how a well run dealer should handle things, IMO. Factory made a mistake. Car was delivered not to spec. They’ll make it right. Kudos to them (except that idiot salesperson who tried telling you it was an option you didn’t select).
They are number one volume dealer in my area and I paid MSRP. I hope they will treat me right and fix their mistake...

1 - 20 of 76 Posts