Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Giving everyone an update. The dealership said they couldn’t find the parts and is looking for a replacement vehicle for me. What do you all think I should do if they cannot find the exact same car?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Giving everyone an update. The dealership said they couldn’t find the parts and is looking for a replacement vehicle for me. What do you all think I should do if they cannot find the exact same car?
I guess it depends on how bad you want a Sienna and when you want it. Assuming they adjust for whatever in their price and your price to take delivery or move on. Inventory seems kind of thin right now so that puts you in a spot I do not envy you right now.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I guess it depends on how bad you want a Sienna and when you want it. Assuming they adjust for whatever in their price and your price to take delivery or move on. Inventory seems kind of thin right now so that puts you in a spot I do not envy you right now.
Can I return it?
lets say I don’t want too bad. What can I do?

·
Registered
202 Posts
I guess if you already took delivery, after going back and reading the thread, you may have limited options since you accepted it at time of delivery. I guess you could hammer them on social media but you must be careful with the fine line of slandering a business which could land you with own legal issues. I would think they would at least give you some sort of price adjustment. Let others chime in......

Keep at it and hopefully they will do the right thing and fix the screw up.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I mean you have two options the dealer laid out for you. Both will make it right, timeline could vary depending on inventory. Totally up to you.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 · (Edited)
I guess if you already took delivery, after going back and reading the thread, you may have limited options since you accepted it at time of delivery. I guess you could hammer them on social media but you must be careful with the fine line of slandering a business which could land you with own legal issues. I would think they would at least give you some sort of price adjustment. Let others chime in......

Keep at it and hopefully they will do the right thing and fix the screw up.
I took delivery because I believed I was getting the standard equipment on a limited FWD per the window sticker and the vin specific equipment list. How can that work against me? It is just like you go and buy a computer because it says it has certain spec. Then you find out that it doesn’t come certain specs it stated it does...how can that be my fault?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I mean you have two options the dealer laid out for you. Both will make it right, timeline could vary depending on inventory. Totally up to you.
They haven’t given me any option yet. They said they couldn’t find the parts so ottoman replacement is not an option. They are looking for a similar car for me but they havent found one...so there is no option at this point.

·
Registered
202 Posts
They said they couldn’t find the parts so ottoman replacement is not an option.
I gave you the part list above. They can order it. Hell, you could order it and install it yourself if you were willing to eat the cost. I don’t understand why you/they keep saying they “can’t find the parts.” That’s bullshit and should be treated as such.

·
Registered
Toyota Sienna 2021 AWD Platinum
511 Posts
My .02, this is not your dealer issue but Toyota Corporate issue. Escalate it to Toyota. Replacing both chairs isn't hard at all. If Toyota can open up a car to install an HDMI connector, this should be piece of cake. See other thread about missing HDMI.

Also, may be you don't care for Ottomans. If so, ask them to refund you 3K or so.

FWIW, I have actually returned car once next day. Long story short, I test drove a Luxury C300, but took home Sports version home because of color. Sports version had rough suspension for my liking. It was closing time so that's why we hadn't took it for test drive. The dealer was nice enough to let me switch to Luxury version next day for minimal penalty.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I will ask the manager the same question. My guess is they are back ordered.

I gave you the part list above. They can order it. Hell, you could order it and install it yourself if you were willing to eat the cost. I don’t understand why you/they keep saying they “can’t find the parts.” That’s bullshit and should be treated as such.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
My .02, this is not your dealer issue but Toyota Corporate issue. Escalate it to Toyota. Replacing both chairs isn't hard at all. If Toyota can open up a car to install an HDMI connector, this should be piece of cake. See other thread about missing HDMI.

Also, may be you don't care for Ottomans. If so, ask them to refund you 3K or so.

FWIW, I have actually returned car once next day. Long story short, I test drove a Luxury C300, but took home Sports version home because of color. Sports version had rough suspension for my liking. It was closing time so that's why we hadn't took it for test drive. The dealer was nice enough to let me switch to Luxury version next day for minimal penalty.
this is a dealer issue because the car came standard with ottoman. There is no way a car off the assembly line would be missing a standard equipment like an ottoman. It wouldn’t pass quality control. The dealership must have switched it up and expect someone who doesn’t know the difference to hold the bag...

·
Registered
261 Posts
this is a dealer issue because the car came standard with ottoman. There is no way a car off the assembly line would be missing a standard equipment like an ottoman. It wouldn’t pass quality control. The dealership must have switched it up and expect someone who doesn’t know the difference to hold the bag...
TBH I can much more easily see it being a factory screw-up than a dealer intentionally swapping them out after taking delivery. I strongly suspect knowingly selling a vehicle that doesn't match the window sticker equipment is a pretty serious felony that could also cost them their Toyota dealership. Whereas in the factory, unlike the aforementioned missing HDMI port there isn't anything actually visibly wrong with the car. Sure, someone doing final inspection should have a checklist that specifically shows that a FWD Limited has ottomans but they'd be looking at a vehicle that looks and works just fine. Seems a lot easier to miss than the HDMI port and that we already know was missed at the factory.

Still sucks of course and I hope you get a fair resolution but I wouldn't suspect intentional fraud by the dealer in this case.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
TBH I can much more easily see it being a factory screw-up than a dealer intentionally swapping them out after taking delivery. I strongly suspect knowingly selling a vehicle that doesn't match the window sticker equipment is a pretty serious felony that could also cost them their Toyota dealership. Whereas in the factory, unlike the aforementioned missing HDMI port there isn't anything actually visibly wrong with the car. Sure, someone doing final inspection should have a checklist that specifically shows that a FWD Limited has ottomans but they'd be looking at a vehicle that looks and works just fine. Seems a lot easier to miss than the HDMI port and that we already know was missed at the factory.

Still sucks of course and I hope you get a fair resolution but I wouldn't suspect intentional fraud by the dealer in this case.
I hope so. This is the 3rd car I buy from them...I am just disappointed because I trusted them.

·
Registered
202 Posts
TBH I can much more easily see it being a factory screw-up than a dealer intentionally swapping them out after taking delivery.
Completely agree. There’s no need to assume malice when simple human incompetence / oversight is sufficient explanation.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
This problem is more likely the result of an assembly plant inventory foul-up or the seats being loaded on a conveyer in the wrong order. Who knows? Maybe there's an AWD Sienna somewhere that got the ottoman seats meant for the OP's FWD Sienna. "Just in time" inventory management extends all the way to the assembly line.

A local GM assembly plant here was commonly known as the "B-O-P" since they assembled Buick, Oldsmobile and Pontiac. I remember one vehicle making the news after it came out of the plant and was shipped to a dealer with Buick insignia on one side and Oldsmobile insignia on the other side.

A couple of months ago, a member of a Corvette forum I'm on posted photos of his new Corvette that had optional body color trim on one side and the standard black trim on the other side.

These mess-ups are rare but they still happen.

·
Registered
Toyota Sienna 2021 AWD Platinum
511 Posts
Long story short, I will bet money that you will get your Ottomans. There is no other alternative for Toyota. It may not happen this week or next, but you will have your Ottomans for sure since it is spelled out on the sticker. Period. Not only that, every other FWD Limiteds have them.This is probably just a simple mistake at factory, or an intentional one to push the unit out the door.

I would still insist that your dealer is way over his/her head on this type of issue. This should be all Toyota corporate. Your dealer may be trying to help but this is not their fault nor can they do anything about it. It is just delaying the process.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Long story short, I will bet money that you will get your Ottomans. There is no other alternative for Toyota. It may not happen this week or next, but you will have your Ottomans for sure since it is spelled out on the sticker. Period. Not only that, every other FWD Limiteds have them.This is probably just a simple mistake at factory, or an intentional one to push the unit out the door.

I would still insist that your dealer is way over his/her head on this type of issue. This should be all Toyota corporate. Your dealer may be trying to help but this is not their fault nor can they do anything about it. It is just delaying the process.
Just talked to the sales manager in person this morning. I stopped by to make sure I can get a straight answer out of him. He said someone at the dealership “made a mistake” that he is trying to fix. The person who made that mistake is no longer with the company so he is the one trying to make it right. Long story short, he said he couldn’t get the parts because it is on back order. The only 2 options I have is 1) find a replacement vehicle or 2) undo the entire deal since my trade in is still on the lot. That being said. I can confirm that this is a dealership issue and not corporate.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Long story short, he said he couldn’t get the parts because it is on back order. The only 2 options I have is 1) find a replacement vehicle or 2) undo the entire deal since my trade in is still on the lot.
Isn’t a 3rd option to order the parts now and have their service department install them into your existing van once they’re no longer on back order?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Isn’t a 3rd option to order the parts now and have their service department install them into your existing van once they’re no longer on back order?
That wasn’t an option because they don’t know when the parts will be available. I wouldn’t take that option either because I don’t want this to drag out 6 months...

21 - 40 of 76 Posts