Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '16 Ltd Premium AWD Sienna has 8-way power driver seat but only 4-way power seat on front passenger side.
Is there such a thing as an 8-way power passenger seat?
Reason: My wife (the passenger) has an injured hip and needs more adjustment on her seat.
I have only found 4-way passenger seats at dealers and junk yards.
Alternatively, could I buy drivers 8-way motor assembly or whole seat and use it to replace 4-way assembly and then cut new holes for the controls on the outside of passenger base?
Or, other ideas?
Mainly the bottom of the seat needs more tilt for her (front up a inch or so) but adjustment would be best.

Also looking for to 2nd row recliners (chestnut brown) if they fit on the standard floor tracks.

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
The lack of adjustability of the driver and front passenger seats was my #1 complaint about my 2014 Sienna Limited FWD which I owned from new until last week. The 10 - way adjustable driver seat was bad enough but the 4-way passenger seat without seat cushion tilt or lumbar adjustment was impossible for me to get comfortable in which meant that I was doomed to do most of driving on long trips. I sometimes ride in the second row while my wife drove but her driving added a significant amount of terror. .

I don't think it is practical to install a more adjustable front passenger seat. Maybe you can make it more comfortable with over-the-counter cushions.

You could probably easily install ottoman 2nd row seats from a FWD Sienna into your AWD Sienna but what's your point. The ottoman second row seats in my 2014 Limited FWD weren't very useful. The leg rests weren't supposed to be used while the vehicle was in motion and they were extremely difficult to deploy and retract. The main times the leg rests were used were when we were napping while the Sienna was parked.

I think an upscale version of a Kia minivan that has electrically adjustable 2nd row ottoman seats and a more adjustable front passenger seat. The front passenger seat in the 4th generation hybrid Sienna is still only 4-way even in the top Platinum trim. I don't know why they can't provide at least 8-way seats for the Sienna's front passenger seat like they do in the Avalon..

·
Super Moderator
2015 Sienna Limited Premium
5,698 Posts
I moved this to the Gen-III where others might see and comment.

1) We too have the Ottoman seats. And while their operation is a bit impractical, they are infinitely more comfortable with better padding and overall geometry compared to the basic second row buckets. My teen/adult daughters love them when we travel.

2) Modifying the control panel placement of a drivers seat so that it could be repositioned into the passenger side sounds possible, although it would take certainly take some work. Interesting project idea! Worthy of some measurements of the floor mounts to see if it would be a simple swap.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks - It's good to know that the ottoman seats are comfortable. I'll start looking for a pair - chestnut leather. And thanks too for moving my post to a better spot so it might get more attention. I'm fairly new too forums so help is appreciated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts