Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
We too purchased it for the same price, for our 2015 SE. Today I stopped by the dealer and cancelled it for a pro-rated refund. After a year of ownership and monitoring the forums, I'm pretty sure I won't need this.
I bought it 5 yrs ago for my Taurus SHO thinking that, being a new car model and a new twin turbo engine, I would need it. Still no repairs, and none in sight monitoring those forums either.

It's a gamble.... Like said above, just put away $1500 in a savings account.

Sent from my XT1094 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hello,

New to forum.

Looking for a Warranty from a California dealer - as I understand, warranties can no longer be purchased out of state.

Price lower than $1600.00 as a dealer in Oxnard, CA has offered a warranty at $1600.

Toyota Sienna 2015 XLE - 8 year / 100k mile, $0 deductible Platinum warranty

Thank you to all in this forum - your posts helped me to purchase a 2015 XLE with Navigation recently. I will be posting this information in the 2015 price / sales thread.

Thanks again !

·
Premium Member
2018 Sienna LE
890 Posts
Call around. I'm sure someone will quote a lower price. I never bought it so I'm not sure about the rules but I thought you could buy it from any Toyota dealer in the U.S.
Also, make sure that the warranty is from Toyota and not a 3rd party.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Sienna Limited Premium
5,340 Posts
CA, FL and a few other states limit the sale of warranties to within the state where the vehicle is registered. They include extended warranties under the broad term of INSURANCE, and they have strict regulations to go with this interpretation.

·
Registered
29 Posts
We picked up a Limited Premium with Advanced Tech Pkg- the finance salesman recommended this extended Toyota Platinum warranty because of all the electronics in the car. Since van and its electronics have been out since 2011, I didn't know if the extended warranty was worth it or not. I figured that it is a solid Japanese car and all the electrical gremlins should be found in the first 3 years. I don't know what are the most common long term issues with 3rd gen Siennas are. MSRP is $2500 and we went down to $1640. (Not sure if this is a good or avg deal, but we were told that we can cancel it within 45 days.) We plan to keep the van until it dies. Should I keep the extended warranty or cancel it? Thanks!
Buy it, that’s a deal

21 - 27 of 27 Posts