Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vehicle: 2003 sienna LE
Sometime back I did a break service changing pads, rotors and also did a break fluid flush. All went well, and after few weeks ABS, Tire Pressure and Break Lights came on. I asked the mechanic to check, but was mentioned there is no problem and it is an issue with sensor. Tried replacing the sensor starting from what I get in Amazon for 25$ to 180+$ version. Nothing worked out. Mechanic checked if there is any air bubble in oil, cleaned the sensors, checked axle etc. and said no issues. After lot of inspection the suspicion from mechanic is on ABS module, but breaks are all working well and good. I'm very confused on this as all came after break service. It was all good earlier and I was like why I did this regular break service. I have been driving the van without issues so far. But one thing I have observed is all the light does not come on at start when the temperature is very cold in the morning. When I drive the vehicle with all the lights off, and I apply break I see a issue. The breaks are kind of screeching and not breaking nicely. I had to give few pumps (release/break) to get it working. Then one by one all lights come on. Then all is well. The breaks are functioning nicely without issues. On normal days, when the light is always on during start, a slight noise like "Gnnnnnnnnnnnnn" is coming, and I was told ABS is kicking in hence the noise. But van runs very nice and breaks nice. I'm not sure what the exact issue is. Anyone had similar issues?

·
Registered
764 Posts
The brake system codes will be helpful. Search for the procedure here - jumper TC and CG on the DLC3 and count the flashes of the warning lights. It's most likely one of the sensors - check if the ones on the rear wheel hub are loose by hand.

·
Registered
185 Posts
when the temperature is very cold in the morning... The brakes are kind of screeching and not breaking nicely.
Maybe the new pads and rotors moved a caliper causing it to stick on the caliper pins. Cleaning the pins are pretty easy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Vehicle: 2003 sienna LE
Sometime back I did a break service changing pads, rotors and also did a break fluid flush. All went well, and after few weeks ABS, Tire Pressure and Break Lights came on. I asked the mechanic to check, but was mentioned there is no problem and it is an issue with sensor. Tried replacing the sensor starting from what I get in Amazon for 25$ to 180+$ version. Nothing worked out. Mechanic checked if there is any air bubble in oil, cleaned the sensors, checked axle etc. and said no issues. After lot of inspection the suspicion from mechanic is on ABS module, but breaks are all working well and good. I'm very confused on this as all came after break service. It was all good earlier and I was like why I did this regular break service. I have been driving the van without issues so far. But one thing I have observed is all the light does not come on at start when the temperature is very cold in the morning. When I drive the vehicle with all the lights off, and I apply break I see a issue. The breaks are kind of screeching and not breaking nicely. I had to give few pumps (release/break) to get it working. Then one by one all lights come on. Then all is well. The breaks are functioning nicely without issues. On normal days, when the light is always on during start, a slight noise like "Gnnnnnnnnnnnnn" is coming, and I was told ABS is kicking in hence the noise. But van runs very nice and breaks nice. I'm not sure what the exact issue is. Anyone had similar issues?
I had a similar issue with my sequoia . It turned out to be a simple fix. Check your tire pressure. I had a slow leak in my front passenger tire and took too long to fix it. Whenever the tire pressure dropped I would get those lights but I would often loos control of my brakes. I would not be able to brake properly. The brakes would actually slip. Make sure that you keep your tires inflated to factory specs. If you are unsure of what that is look inside the door. How this helps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts