Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I replaced it with the bulb autozone said to. It has 2 connection points. We’re going to try the brake switch and fuse anyways for good measure.
Changed fuse, changed brake switch, lights physically work but still can’t shift out of park without using screw driver. Brakes don’t work while driving.

·
Registered
2006 LE
1,751 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am writing on this discussion because my wife's 04 Toyota Sienna LE had the tire pressure monitor, brake, ABS and CEL are on. These dashboard lights make the vehicle unsafe to drive because: 1.) once you turn the power on the blower motor, both the front and rear blowers stop, just no power at all; 2.) the shift gear cannot be moved to the R, D and other gear positions without pressing the release button to the left; 3.) the speedometer stops working; 4.) you cannot accelerate without sputtering and nearly slips as to transmission functions; 5.) there is no power to the A/C and radiator fan motors, causing a possible overheating; 6.) no power to the power windows.

This dilemma happened late summer as I removed the dashboard to replace the evaporator, TXV, compressor and condenser as well as the radiator fans. After replacement, all the troubles above popped up as if it just waited for me to bring it back. There was a day that all of these issues popped up.
From previous, Fibber, one of the super moderators, correctly identified the fusible link as the source of the power of these issues. I replaced it and for a couple of days I thought my problems were solved. It is still there. Tired and recovering from COVID-19, I am at my wit's end. What is causing this? I know that in 2018 I replaced the rear sensors and it is tight. Fuses were checked and were all working. I even asked Just Ask but the tech was no good, saying it could be a ground but couldn't point to me where. Compound this by the constant demand to use it daily by the family.

I know the answer is out there. If you have found solutions to your issues, please share it here. That was the purpose why forums like this was founded--to help fellow Toyota owners take care of their vehicles by sharing solutions here. I shared this issue on another 2nd Gen problem. I don't have the solution yet. I can't isolate the problem yet. If I discover the problem this forum will benefit. For now, I need your sound opinions. Thanks.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I am writing on this discussion because my wife's 04 Toyota Sienna LE had the tire pressure monitor, brake, ABS and CEL are on. These dashboard lights make the vehicle unsafe to drive because: 1.) once you turn the power on the blower motor, both the front and rear blowers stop, just no power at all; 2.) the shift gear cannot be moved to the R, D and other gear positions without pressing the release button to the left; 3.) the speedometer stops working; 4.) you cannot accelerate without sputtering and nearly slips as to transmission functions; 5.) there is no power to the A/C and radiator fan motors, causing a possible overheating; 6.) no power to the power windows.

This dilemma happened late summer as I removed the dashboard to replace the evaporator, TXV, compressor and condenser as well as the radiator fans. After replacement, all the troubles above popped up as if it just waited for me to bring it back. There was a day that all of these issues popped up.
From previous, Fibber, one of the super moderators, correctly identified the fusible link as the source of the power of these issues. I replaced it and for a couple of days I thought my problems were solved. It is still there. Tired and recovering from COVID-19, I am at my wit's end. What is causing this? I know that in 2018 I replaced the rear sensors and it is tight. Fuses were checked and were all working. I even asked Just Ask but the tech was no good, saying it could be a ground but couldn't point to me where. Compound this by the constant demand to use it daily by the family.

I know the answer is out there. If you have found solutions to your issues, please share it here. That was the purpose why forums like this was founded--to help fellow Toyota owners take care of their vehicles by sharing solutions here. I shared this issue on another 2nd Gen problem. I don't have the solution yet. I can't isolate the problem yet. If I discover the problem this forum will benefit. For now, I need your sound opinions. Thanks.
I think you might have a couple different issues...

Brake/ABS/TPMS lights all on indicate an ABS code. This could be a bad wheel sensor, bad wire, bad ABS controller, or a number of other things. High-end scan tools can read the ABS code, but there is a procedure to read it by jumpering two pins on the OBD connector.

CEL on indicates a regular P-code. Any scan tool can read that. If you have one, post what the code is and go from there. If you don't, most of the chain parts stores will do a scan and if the van isn't drivable, they will often "rent" them to you where you pay the fee to buy it, take it home, use it and return it for a full refund. Lack of acceleration is probably going to be blatantly obvious when you figure out what the CEL codes are.

Transmission not shifting out of park indicates either a problem with the brake switch or possibly a problem with the transmission. You have to press the brake pedal in order to get the transmission to shift. Have someone verify if you have brake lights or not.

Speedometer "stops working" or "stopped working". If it works sometimes and not others, that indicates maybe a faulty connection or a bad sensor. If it just stopped all together, that's likely a broken/disconnected wire somewhere.

No power to the radiator fan motors is a HUGE issue. I wouldn't drive for more than a couple miles, at most, with 30-60 minutes of cool-down in between drives. You need to figure out if this is an issue with power or an issue with control.

Climate control blower fans being totally non-functional seem like there might be some issue here, but, being cold or warm is NOT your biggest problem, so I'd resolve the other issues first.

Same with no power to the power windows. Although, if someone posted that the windows stopped working, I'd send them looking for a fuse first and then maybe the driver's window switch module after that.

In short, you have a basket case and will need to go through the issues one at a time. That said, there IS a potential root cause which is that this could all be electrical issues. If your ECU is shot or a mouse chewed through your main harness and everything is shorting out, that could be a problem. It's also possible that, when you pulled the dash out, you damaged something or forgot to connect something up properly. Short of removing the dash again and rechecking everything, I'm not sure there's an easy way to do this. That combined with your COVID recovery phase (which often lasts 1-4 months), my inclination is to take the van to someone who can diagnose the fan issue and replace the brake switch (cheap, low-hanging fruit). Also, get your ABS and engine codes pulled and see what's being called out. I'd also check the fuses for the climate control and power windows, again, as cheap, low-hanging fruit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All,
I have a 2005 Sienna. Two days ago the ABS, VSC, TRAC OFF and a flashing tire pressure light appeared while pulling into my driveway. I turned the car off and took in the kiddos, went back out and turned the car back on and all the lights were off. After 2 days of driving the lights appeared again while pulling out of a driveway to merge into traffic. I was close to home so went there and left the car running and ran the scanner to see if any codes came up. 0 codes came up. Checked tire pressure (they are regular tires, not run flats) and they were all 35psi. Checked brake fluid and it was at the full line. Turned the van off and back on again and the lights again were gone.
I have done some searching on the forum, but I am stumped. Of course the manual says to take it to the dealership, but the lights are not consistant. Do you think its a faulty sensor and is it safe for me to be driving around until this is all figured out? Any ideas would be helpful! Thank you!
i've got the same problem, except mine won't come on and the check engine light and horn don't work either.

·
Registered
230 Posts
2005 XLE AWD here ... ABS and VSC lights will turn on after several minutes of driving ... usually I'm just going straight on a surface street, no unusual turns, stops or starts. Turn off engine, turn back on, and lights won't come back on for again several minutes of driving. I have already replaced the tail/stop lamps.

Per the forums, I will check to see if anything else is affected (e.g. horn, turn signals, brake lights) when the lights come on. I will also check all ABS sensor and plugs for dirt, wear and proper seating.

Thanks. John

21 - 27 of 27 Posts