Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Banned
2021 Pre Dawn Mica XLE
58 Posts
While I'm thus far pretty impressed with Android Auto there are some specific use cases I have for my phone in the car that will sometimes prevent me from using it. Since I know someone will ask :) most particularly I use screenshots of my Google Maps page to record when I arrive at a client location so having access to that app on my screen is money in my pocket.

For these reasons and others I wanted an option to mount my phone in the car but I it being days old I wasn't eager to use the 3M adhesive mounts that I've used in my other vehicles. I also didn't especially want to attach to the windshield if I could avoid it.

I'm extremely pleased with the solution I came up with and wanted to share it here since I suspect others might also like it. It takes advantage of a gap in the dashboard space, keeps the phone even closer to my eyes than the main navigation screen and doesn't block any of the view of the road. It's also 100% removable.

First, the product I purchased is this one for $16 on Amazon:

It's made by MPOW. I've bought dozens of items from them over the years including lots of mounts and headphones and always been pleased.

This one is a sticky suction cup mount with a rigid gooseneck arm leading to a magnetic mounting plate. Some pictures follow. In terms of which style navigation screen it's attached behind, this is a 2021 Sienna Limited AWD. I don't recall whether all come with the same screen or if there's some variation there.
I can tell you with the smaller screen like in my XLE, this doesn’t work, at all.

·
Registered
4 Posts
New to forum.....if you hare looking for the MPOW referenced here.....try EBAY for about 11-15 dollars. They are available at many sellers. In addition, if the magnetic head doesn't work for you (my case has a stand that is just too big)....they have the same goose neck with a clamp style holder. The clamp style has to sit out in front of the screen just a bit, but is an option. I can see why the magnetic solution is an elegant one...it fits perfectly there next to the screen..... YMMV.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I can tell you with the smaller screen like in my XLE, this doesn’t work, at all.
I have a 2021 XLE too. Why do you think this solution does not work at all? It looks like it will fit perfectly in the left spot, certainly on the right if that is your preference.....am I missing something?

·
Registered
2021 Sienna XLE
318 Posts
I thought that the audio/multimedia screen in the center was the same 9 inch size for all models. The MID on the dash has two different sizes depending on model, but this would not affect the mounting of the phone as described.

·
Registered
2 Posts
While I'm thus far pretty impressed with Android Auto there are some specific use cases I have for my phone in the car that will sometimes prevent me from using it. Since I know someone will ask :) most particularly I use screenshots of my Google Maps page to record when I arrive at a client location so having access to that app on my screen is money in my pocket.

For these reasons and others I wanted an option to mount my phone in the car but I it being days old I wasn't eager to use the 3M adhesive mounts that I've used in my other vehicles. I also didn't especially want to attach to the windshield if I could avoid it.

I'm extremely pleased with the solution I came up with and wanted to share it here since I suspect others might also like it. It takes advantage of a gap in the dashboard space, keeps the phone even closer to my eyes than the main navigation screen and doesn't block any of the view of the road. It's also 100% removable.

It's made by MPOW. I've bought dozens of items from them over the years including lots of mounts and headphones and always been pleased.

This one is a sticky suction cup mount with a rigid gooseneck arm leading to a magnetic mounting plate. Some pictures follow. In terms of which style navigation screen it's attached behind, this is a 2021 Sienna Limited AWD. I don't recall whether all come with the same screen or if there's some variation there.

·
Registered
2 Posts

The link on AMAZON doesn't work but they are listed on EBAY for $9.99 w free shipping. They also have the same mount that grips your phone if you don't use a magnet mount.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts