Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The AC in my '08 Sienna is acting up a bit. I checked the pressures on the high and low sides. The low side is 55 psi (almost normal)and the high side is 175 psi (lower than expected). I have been told that the compressor has gone bad. At lower abient temperature, the AC works fine, but it gets really hot (above 95 F), the AC seems to not work. The blower works fine, but the air isn't cold at all. Anyone seen an issue like this?

Thanks,
AMH

·
Registered
1 Posts
i just replaced my compressor and they said that was not the issue it was the blend door actuator under the dashboard. It prevents the cold air from entering the vehicle.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had a similar experience, and Yes, the idea with a compressor is quite justified and can be useful if it were not for the problem with the cooler that often stops working. This happens to me quite often because in my kitchen there is a fairly old air conditioner that we still have from my grandmother. In the bedroom we have a brand new speaker from socool.sg and it has never shown similar problems, thankfully.That's why I suggest you check the cooler and then draw conclusions. I would advise you to change your air conditioner if it is old

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had a similar experience, and Yes, the idea with a compressor is quite justified and can be useful if it were not for the problem with the cooler that often stops working. This happens to me quite often because in my kitchen there is a fairly old air conditioner that we still have from my grandmother. In the bedroom we have a brand new speaker from subcool and it has never shown similar problems, thankfully.That's why I suggest you check the cooler and then draw conclusions. I would advise you to change your air conditioner if it is old

Oh, Go to the repair service and consult with them. I think it will be much cheaper and one hundred percent more correct. I just imagine how expensive it all comes out. I had something similar. I gave my wife a car. After a short time, she pressed something wrong in the car and the climate control stopped working. She was afraid to tell me, because she thought I would get very angry. In the end, she tried to figure it out herself. As a result, she stupidly broke the air conditioner. She had decided to tell me. I was angry, of course, but I contact aircon service as soon as possible. They quickly replaced everything for me. But I spent a lot of money on air conditioning.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I don't understand what she could have pressed that is " wrong" to break your air conditioning. My understanding is , whatever is pressed , the system would go to that mode. Please elaborate.

·
Registered
504 Posts
It's spam from a Singaporean residential air conditioner repair site. It seems like their bot posts on every other AC problem post on this site.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I don't understand what she could have pressed that is " wrong" to break your air conditioning. My understanding is , whatever is pressed , the system would go to that mode. Please elaborate.
She was angry and trying to break the car. Safe to say the divorce papers were filed coz that was a huge red flag

·
Registered
504 Posts
Enola9990, inserting a link to a commercial site can be a red flag, especially a link to a site that has no relevance to the vehicle air conditioning problem at hand. I'm sorry if I offended you by calling you a bot. I've visited Singapore several times and have found the people friendly and the geography beautiful.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts