Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 sienna 100k miles LE v6. recently it would randomly blink the AC light and blow warm air. I turn the AC off and back on and it'll work normally. I did my research and found out 2 things: 2011 siennas do not have a Relay switch for AC clutch and they do not have an AC fuse but rather a type of fuse box inside the fuse box???? Anybody with 2011 sienna experience this issue? If so, what did you do? Can i just buy that fuse box and everything would be good as new?

There is also a TSB (T-SB-0053-11) for this type of issue I called toyota customer service about it. The representative said that the TSB only shows the guidelines of how to fix it and that they don't know if it would be covered? I thought a TSB was similar to a recall except that it wasn't a safety issue. Apparently i was wrong.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Edit:
Ac light blinking randomly but no AC fuse or AC clutch relay. (This was supposed to be the title but i do not know how to edit.) no*

·
Registered
326 Posts
I'm not well versed in gen3 Siennas, but a worn out serpentine belt can cause the problem you describe in other vehicles, especially in the rain (when the belt is more likely to slip).

-Mike

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! I started thinking about it and the 3 times it has happened it was raining. Also my belt is starting to squeak when it warms up especially when I switch from P R N D. I had no idea a worn out belt could cause this.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Yep. Replace the belt and I bet all will be good again. The belt slips a tiny bit so the compressor doesn't turn as much as the van thinks it should. The flashing light indicates an error condition with the AC system. The rain makes the belt more slippery and more likely to slip, but not enough for an audible squeal.

In our 2007, the AC light would blink sometimes in the rain. I replaced the serp belt and that went away.

-Mike

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks a lot, ill try and go that route. I will post my results here. I appreciate your help you potential saved me a lot of money. It has 100k so its due for a serpentine belt change anyway

·
Registered
122 Posts
This happens if you drive over a puddle, even with new belts. The water splashes onto the AC and causes the belt to slip or the AC to wait until the compressor is dry before it turns back on again. This also causes the flashing AC sign. Just turn of the AC for a few seconds and turn it back on again. When the water dries, all will be normal again. Known issue with Toyotas. Not a defect, just how they are designed.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the replies. Gives me some peace of mind. I already ordered a new belt, tensioner and pulley just in case.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So i replaced the belt, tensioner and idler pulley. No AC light has been popping up even with a recent rain storm we've had. So far so good as far as the AC goes. ! thanks everyone. Only issue i have is the van is still squeaking when warmed up and pressing gas at low speed or switching gears from P, N and D. that's the only time it happens and its not chirping loud but i can hear it with the window down. this is a link of the sound : https://vocaroo.com/i/s11X507MFAVA . i for sure thought the new parts i repalaced would solve this but idk what this can be. The AC blinking hasnt happened again so at least i got rid of that issue apparently.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts