Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! My 2013 Toyota Sienna only blows cold out the passenger side. The driver side and rear seats all blow hot. I checked the pressure level for the freon and everything looked good there. I've heard something about a blend door or an actuator? Are those the same thing? Also, there is a strange clicking noise coming from the passenger side glove box, if that helps at all. Thank you! I will be sure to update the post once I get a fix.

·
Registered
411 Posts
There is a blend door/actuator (same thing) in the bottom of the center console on the passenger side and driver side that controls the air temp and vent location. Hopefully it is the driver side one that is bad since the passenger side requires the remova of the whole dash to get it out.

·
177 Posts
Hello and welcome to SiennaChat! There's many posts on this site regarding this issue and even though you have a Gen3, some of the posted solutions/suggestions for Gen2 vans will apply as well. Have a look here and see the 10th post for what is probably the cause of what you are experiencing. Driver side blows warm air when AC is on

Reactions: jswizzle

·
Registered
24 Posts
Exact issue I’ve had with my 14 LE. There’s a big toothed gear that rides on an eccentric path. On mine it sometimes get disengaged from its drive gear. Alignment has to be perfect for it to align. You can search for posts with my user name to get more info.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Exact issue I’ve had with my 14 LE. There’s a big toothed gear that rides on an eccentric path. On mine it sometimes get disengaged from its drive gear. Alignment has to be perfect for it to align. You can search for posts with my user name to get more info.
thank you! I’ve read through your whole thread about your SLE. Did the removal of the three screws, then realignment until things work end up fixing the issue? We’re you able to get hot and cold air out at the same time, or just one over the other?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also, are their two blend door actuators? One for the driver one for the passenger? And are the rear controls connected to the blend door actuator for the driver side? Seems like they may have a separate blend door as you can control rear temperature serperatly?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts