Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Anyone here ever add a 360° camera to their sienna? Recently sat in a Pathfinder that had it and it is such an awesome feature.
It's been available as a package on the Limited trim since the 2018 model year. The feature is described as a "Bird’s Eye View Camera with Perimeter Scan, overhead 360-degree view in Drive and Reverse". I copied that out of the 2020 brochure.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
439 Posts
Anyone here ever add a 360° camera to their sienna? Recently sat in a Pathfinder that had it and it is such an awesome feature.
Yes it is and as an aftermarket option, if not done right can literally give you a headache or even disorient you, looking at the screen.

I had considered doing it a couple of years ago but then lost interest because it is too tedious and the challenge with calibrating it.
Doing this on a Sienna, on a scale of 1-10, this would be a 6. Your best bet is to use an aftermarket HU with two camera inputs which would allow you to route the output from the 360 view integration unit for all four cams to the HU screen.
I expect this to be a standard feature on most vehicles in the next few years

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's been available as a package on the Limited trim since the 2018 model year. The feature is described as a "Bird’s Eye View Camera with Perimeter Scan, overhead 360-degree view in Drive and Reverse". I copied that out of the 2020 brochure.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
That doesn't help me nor does it answer my question. I own a 2016.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes it is and as an aftermarket option, if not done right can literally give you a headache or even disorient you, looking at the screen.

I had considered doing it a couple of years ago but then lost interest because it is too tedious and the challenge with calibrating it.
Doing this on a Sienna, on a scale of 1-10, this would be a 6. Your best bet is to use an aftermarket HU with two camera inputs which would allow you to route the output from the 360 view integration unit for all four cams to the HU screen.
I figured I'd be a headache, but was just curious if it had been done here. Maybe I'll just forget about it, lol.

·
Registered
300 Posts

To be done right, it really needs to be designed into the car. I assume it's several cameras with defined fields of vision and software to cut off the overlaps and merge the images. Calibration was exactly what I was thinking when OP asked about aftermarket. I'm actually surprised anyone's bothered to offer it -- given that it's relatively rare in the market, and more of a cool feature than really functional, I doubt they sell many.

·
Registered
10 Posts
That doesn't help me nor does it answer my question. I own a 2016.
TacomaGuy >>> You could also have said... Thank you for the extra information unfortunately I have a 2016 and too late for me...
Yet still the information given by Sam K might be valuable to you since as some mentioned -- calibration on a "Bird Eye View" system may be required, as the location of the cameras matters. Sam K - by mentioning the existence in the comments may have solved your issue by offering an exiting system that you may be able to purchase and install yourself with regards the the original install locations for the cameras.
Now all that said in car cameras you definitly get what you pay for. Whats cheap is more expensive and having the installations be very tedious you really wanna do it once.
Good luck. Let us know if you ever get it done (a photo manual would be awesome) :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
It's not a camera, it's at least 4 cameras. The system works by taking the images of 4 cameras and putting them together into a single image on your screen. I rented a car with that feature recently and I really like it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts