Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone added a spare tire to a van not equipped with one? Just looking at the parts diagram, it seems like it's gonna be more the the $75 it was as an option.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Has anyone added a spare tire to a van not equipped with one? Just looking at the parts diagram, it seems like it's gonna be more the the $75 it was as an option.
It’s about $1400 in parts and $600-$800 in labor

I didn’t pay for it. Dealer did bc they screwed up.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yikes. I guess I'll just buy a slime kit and hope for the best.
I have a slime tire repair kit (also get some rubber cement), harbor freight air compressor, and gooloo jump starter in every car.
It's already saved me a couple times and I've helped about a dozen people of out bad spots.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am not aware how you can get a spare tire not equipped previously and the tire not standing out. I pre ordered my Sienna back in August and elected the spare tire with my order, it’s an absolute must over what you get otherwise a generic fix a flat. i finally picked up my van today and the spare was hidden well in the back on the drivers side.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just purchased a 2022 XSE AWD. I could not get get spare tire option with Moonstone interior unless I upgraded to XSE Plus Package for $1375. I could get a spare tire with Moonstone or roof rails with Moonstone, but not both. WTF? I got the roof rails and would like your thoughts on the trim pieces from Toyota. What do you guys think about changing out the trim?

·
Registered
964 Posts
Would have been better off paying the $1375 difference. It will cost more than that to retrofit using Toyota parts. At this point, just buy a spare wheel/tire that fits, a salvage yard jack and tire tools and throw it all in the third row seat well (properly secured of course).

-Mike

·
Registered
195 Posts
I just purchased a 2022 XSE AWD. I could not get get spare tire option with Moonstone interior unless I upgraded to XSE Plus Package for $1375. I could get a spare tire with Moonstone or roof rails with Moonstone, but not both. WTF? I got the roof rails and would like your thoughts on the trim pieces from Toyota. What do you guys think about changing out the trim?

The link is confusing for pricing. Did you figure out what the total would be to buy the trim piece and all the bits needed?

·
Registered
Toyota Sienna 2022 AWD Platinum
2 Posts
I've run into the same issue. Purchased AWD and got it home -- found out the day after purchase that there is no spare tire or cavity for one in the driver's side rear. Frustrating!! I'm interested in changing out the trim - has anyone done this yet?

·
Registered
21 Sienna AWD Plat Silver
871 Posts
I've run into the same issue. Purchased AWD and got it home -- found out the day after purchase that there is no spare tire or cavity for one in the driver's side rear. Frustrating!! I'm interested in changing out the trim - has anyone done this yet?
Only one person so far on this forum. See #2 above. That too at dealer's expense.

·
Registered
2021 FWD 8-passenger XLE in Blizzard Pearl
5 Posts
I was told when purchasing my Sienna that someone had bought a van and later came back asking to have the integrated spare storage added and paid the dealership $1700 to do so.

·
Registered
Toyota Sienna 2022 AWD Platinum
2 Posts
I was told when purchasing my Sienna that someone had bought a van and later came back asking to have the integrated spare storage added and paid the dealership $1700 to do so.
Interesting! Not that I would want to pay that out of pocket... but I wouldn't mind trying to swap out the trim myself. Can't be that hard. Just need a parts list and a place to purchase the parts direct somehow. They mark everything super high at the parts department at the dealership.

·
Registered
21 Sienna AWD Plat Silver
871 Posts
I was going to buy a full size spare to put it in the trunk for long road trips only but that will cost about $350 to $400 on tirerack.com. having a hard time finding cheap steel rims in that size.
i might just go with this kit Complete Spare Tire Kit 2021-22 Toyota Sienna, Compact | Modern Spare with shipping for about 500. unless someone here have another suggestion.
FWIW, a used tire shop around the corner from me got me a used tire and rim for $120. I am not going to complain about saving money, but the reason I went there is that it was easy to talk to them. I knew nothing about tires or rims. I pretty much pulled in, he took a quick look, and called me a couple of weeks after when he had found it. It is a spare that I hope I have to never use it. I don't care about asthetics as long as the tire looks decent and that it can go a few hundred miles. They even put it on for me to take a test drive, and than put the newer on back on.

Btw, any of 17, 18 or 20 inches ones should work. 17s are on LE and XLEs. Plat AWDs have 18.

Don't forget the jack and a tire wrench.

If I have to do it again, I would do a 17Incher. It will be relatively easy to deflate and shoe-in sideways behind 3rd row. I also bought another cheapy airpump as a back up to inflate the spare wheel.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts