Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my 2009 Sienna over one year ago and it has been the most trouble free vehicle I have ever owned.

It is a base model with no fog lights. I bought a pair of OEM style fog lights for it, so now I understand I'll want the relay and light column with fog light switch. The light columns I've found so far are pretty expensive, so wondering if a different vehicle's column might work. I've seen Highlanders that look pretty close, and Corollas that I can't see any difference.

Also, out of curiosity, some of the Corolla ones I've seen have 2 fog light positions; one facing left and one facing right. What is the difference between these 2 positions?

Thanks for any help.

· Registered
2006 LE
2,254 Posts
I bought my stalk from a salvage/junk/pick n pull. It was like 15 bucks and I got the relay as well...for free. I see the stalks on ebay every now and again. From the dealer it will no doubt be expensive. My 06 did not come with fog lights but it was prewired. I discovered this when I removed the bumper for installing a transmission cooler. As far as the two positions I cannot say.

Reactions: supra129

· Registered
682 Posts
Back in 2011 when I inquired about adding fog lights, the light stalk/switch part #84140-08051 was $87 and today the cheapest I can find them is $141. I gave up after finding out that the effort and cost was not worth the output of the fog lights from other forum members.

The cheapest route is what paul r recommended if you live near a junk yard and can go get all the parts you need. Or buy an aftermarket fog light kit with wiring and install a separate push button on/off switch.

· Registered
1,117 Posts

· Registered
1,117 Posts
Back in 2011 when I inquired about adding fog lights, the light stalk/switch part #84140-08051 was $87 and today the cheapest I can find them is $141. I gave up after finding out that the effort and cost was not worth the output of the fog lights from other forum members.
Yep. That’s the same conclusion I came to. The OEM fog light output isn’t very good from what I’ve heard/read. I did the 9006 to 9012 headlight bulb upgrade (Phillips HIR2 recommended) and have been very pleased with the results.

-Mike

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I plan on putting yellow bulbs in them. If I find them to not be adequate in fog, I'll just add a second pair. I would like to be able to turn them on without the headlights on; I realize using an OEM light lever won't allow this. Has anyone found the pinout of the connector or some other way to do this? I saw one youtube video where someone connected wires directly to the relay, but not sure I'd want to go that route.

· Registered
2008 XLE
84 Posts
Yea - my '08 came with burned out OEM fogs. I had new bulbs put in...and can see why the PO didn't bother. Very little difference. I figured there was an upgrade (I did HID's on a previous vehicle) but it just hasn't been a priority.

· Registered
2006 LE
2,254 Posts
I installed some floods from Amazon and they are really bright. This after I learnt about the oem fogs not being that great. Here is the discussion.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts