Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm admittedly new here so I'm sure I'll eventually learn to ignore them :) but I just found myself, for the 2nd or 3rd time, clicking on a link at the bottom of a forum, reading a couple of posts and then realizing they were not at all relevant to me because they were in a different forum.
I have no idea whether this is even possible in the settings of whatever content management runs these forums but I'd definitely find the recommended reading much more likely to be useful (thus drawing me further into new threads and more page views!) if the recommendations were kept inside the existing forum.
I realize that over time there will be more Gen4 content and thus the mix below will change, but at that point the same observation would apply to Gen3 users.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Sienna Limited Premium
5,340 Posts
Lets just say that the match algorithms aren't all that smart.

Some things work. For instance, something like Run Flat tires or 2GR-FE engine would span both Gen-II and Gen-III threads. Other topics clearly are very specific.

Reactions: SilverMachine

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lets just say that the match algorithms aren't all that smart.

Some things work. For instance, something like Run Flat tires or 2GR-FE engine would span both Gen-II and Gen-III threads. Other topics clearly are very specific.
Thanks for the reply! Just out of curiosity is it even configurable? And I agree, it's not that there'd never be a topic that spanned generations. But I'd venture to guess that any randomly selected Gen4 thread would draw more clicks (thus increase pageviews and engagement) from Gen 4 users than the best Gen3 thread the algorithm suggests.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Sienna Limited Premium
5,340 Posts
I don't believe that you can. Every AutoGuide / VerticalScope board that I'm on uses the same format.

Fortunately, the suggestions have full disclosure of their grouping header, so just ignore anything that doesn't say Gen-4. Of course by doing so you will likely miss a whole bunch of useful data considering the high number of carryover parts and design methodologies on these vehicles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts