Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
How easy is it to install? Nice set up. Do you feel any low end torque or power?
Any pricing?

The positives of a short ram is easier to install, remove, or work on. It’s much easier to service. So since you are able to suck in more air, there is less restriction than the stock air box.
I pick my mods carefully, and its really up to you on what you believe works with your vehicle, and what results you want to achieve.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Greetings Y'all,,

Darn sr2003, you had be in your back pocket until that last post!

Your last post has you sounding like a pitch-man for AF Dynamics??? Your personal experience is worth a million times more value than any advertisement as most ads are plain & simple bull****!

Dang, you are now giving my internet brother Lipster legitimacy!!! LoL

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
The Engine ECU is not available (currently) for tuning. Yet you changed the airbox, how did you rescale the MAF?
Shorter intake length, different air filter flow rate, hotter air all resulted in a leaner running engine.
The parameters give you 2% at most of air fuel ratio to work with.
Your "butt dyno" has you believing you improved it, alas it's not true (sound is not hp), but if you're happy that's all that matters.

My experience with intakes & exhaust headers, supercharged and turbocharged kits on Toyota, Lexus & Scion Products is extensive.
My results are tested and "Dyna Pack" verified at Sea level in South Florida.

If your "intake" truly worked I'd be promoting it here with "Dyna Pack" results posted on this forum.

·
Super Moderator
975 Posts
I have always been skeptical with certain mods for cars.. Until someone totally legitimate actually does what I thought wouldnt happen.. Now Im not going to share any facts here of dyno data or graphs.. But all i wanna share to you guys is that I personally got to go to a very private event with Toyota with another member here and it involved a mildly modified sienna and a highly modified Sienna at a track.

Long story short, the highly modified Sienna had a short ram intake just like the one AF dynamic is selling and YES... They did Dyno the van and yes the ECU wasnt flashed or tuned either.. All it had though was a extensively engineered intake and an exhaust that wasnt just made but also R&D 'd as well during the development of the parts. Can't mention the builders as well BUT he was known to be a nascar driver and now does work with TRD and Toyota..

I can't really share too much info on it as well as many pictures BUT i will share one or 2... So with that said, are short ram intakes useless? These guys proved me wrong ... They CAN make a difference.

Pics show the simple but extensively researched vortex intake, Limited slip differential made in japan exclusively for the Sienna :grin:, bunch of drivers who test drove the BEAST sienna, and one of VANkulture's member's Siennas laid out on the track.

Believe what you want to believe but all I can say is if the BEAST sienna can slap around a Camaro S/S on track (not even close either) then I believe everything thats in it.

CHEERS!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
975 Posts
Oh btw.. That Sienna got 40hp at the wheels increase from just an intake and an exhaust. The Sienna is also gutted and fitted with a rollbar the length of the whole van and 2 bucket seats.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have always been skeptical with certain mods for cars.. Until someone totally legitimate actually does what I thought wouldnt happen.. Now Im not going to share any facts here of dyno data or graphs.. But all i wanna share to you guys is that I personally got to go to a very private event with Toyota with another member here and it involved a mildly modified sienna and a highly modified Sienna at a track.

Long story short, the highly modified Sienna had a short ram intake just like the one AF dynamic is selling and YES... They did Dyno the van and yes the ECU wasnt flashed or tuned either.. All it had though was a extensively engineered intake and an exhaust that wasnt just made but also R&D 'd as well during the development of the parts. Can't mention the builders as well BUT he was known to be a nascar driver and now does work with TRD and Toyota..

I can't really share too much info on it as well as many pictures BUT i will share one or 2... So with that said, are short ram intakes useless? These guys proved me wrong ... They CAN make a difference.

Pics show the simple but extensively researched vortex intake, Limited slip differential made in japan exclusively for the Sienna :grin:, bunch of drivers who test drove the BEAST sienna, and one of VANkulture's member's Siennas laid out on the track.

Believe what you want to believe but all I can say is if the BEAST sienna can slap around a Camaro S/S on track (not even close either) then I believe everything thats in it.

CHEERS!
Nice pictures but where's the data to back up your claim?

·
Super Moderator
975 Posts
I seriously wish I can share them BUT.. I cant. I didnt even get to keep the portfolio that had all the data but I can assure you 100% it is real.

All the data are completely confidential and owned solely by toyota. Maybe one day they will share it in SEMA but for now you'll just have to trust the pictures I shared to you that there is such a thing.

Im not trying to sell you anything so its not like i have a basis to overrule ur doubts. Im just trying to explain to you that intakes CAN make a difference and its been proven on the track. Theres nothing I can do if you dont believe me but unfortunately there are certain things out of my control.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I seriously wish I can share them BUT.. I cant. I didnt even get to keep the portfolio that had all the data but I can assure you 100% it is real.

All the data are completely confidential and owned solely by toyota. Maybe one day they will share it in SEMA but for now you'll just have to trust the pictures I shared to you that there is such a thing.

Im not trying to sell you anything so its not like i have a basis to overrule ur doubts. Im just trying to explain to you that intakes CAN make a difference and its been proven on the track. Theres nothing I can do if you dont believe me but unfortunately there are certain things out of my control.
Hey Cape, great info and would have loved to be at that Toyota event too. Although we all know you can't pull 40hp with just an intake and exhaust without at least reprogramming the ECU, it's great to know Toyota is spending R&D to possibly improve the next-gen Sienna. The flip side is the potential that our engines have and did Toyota actually detune it at the factory.

Either way, hopefully some of that tech will make it's way into the current car. After all, who would have imagined so many aftermarket options now available for our rides.

BTW, I still look back at my parked van every time I'm out and thank Toyota for making the best van ever.

·
Super Moderator
975 Posts
Haha thanks bro.. Yeah i had to ask them 3x times to confirm if they tuned it or not and they claimed they didnt. That part im still somewhat skeptical. What im not skeptical is how ridiculous the BEAST van performed because I was actually inside it and drove it around the track. Lets just say you didnt even have to let go of the accelerator and it held its whole lumbering body (although it was gutted through and through except for the dash) around the turns like a bonafide track car.

It really was an AMAZING piece of machine and I hope they talk about it one of these days. For now I know they havent "maxed out" its potential yet so thats probably why younhavent heard about it yet but soon for sure.

A Camaro S/S is not a bad car at all and the fact it was smoked by this sienna was out of this world. Btw i also was a passenger on a hot laps session on that Sienna and man the driver.... Amazing. The van was absolutely flying throughout the whole thing.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Greetings Y'all,

Ok Cape97, I now need intake options a AF Dynamics raised the price to $199.00 since we began this thread!

Maybe we could have a 3 way compare of "who is blowing the hot air" of AF Dynamics, Weapon-R, and the track day intake(you could sneak out with it under a big sweater maybe? LoL) TRD system?

Don't make me order that JC Whitney 'turbo electric fan' for $39.99 with the 50 horsepower boost at the rear wheels!!!

Lucky me, I almost ordered that JC Whitney system until I reasoned I wanted my 50HP boost at the front wheels!!! LoL

·
Registered
35 Posts
Cape, did they tell you anything about the release of when it would be? How sweet would it be for a Sienna SER!

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
Some on this forum know who I am affiliated with. I made two phone calls.

The engine and transmission are stock with an "Experimental Diff"" in the transaxle. They're on their second "built" transmission.

The van was "tuned" at Church Automotive in Wilmington CA with the full support of three Toyota ECU techs from Torrance. The MAF was scaled for a "Long Tube" Intake, the van isn't equipped with a short ram on the dyno. The corrected numbers (keyword corrected) were 311 hp at 6400 rpm's and 280 ft lbs of torque at 4800 rpm's. They actually considered installing the 2GR version from the 2015 LExus GS350. I can't tell from pictures and when I asked if the engine had D4S they replied "MYOFB" and wished me a good day.

That's a racing suspension supporting a stiffened lightened minivan chassis with upgraded braking, the potential is there just from a weight savings alone. Even the new rear exhaust is lighter than stock by 17 pounds. "Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere" Colin Chapman.
A lighter, more nimble car bested a stock heavier car. Sounds like my daughters GT86's!

Have a Happy Thanksgiving Day!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just letting you all know AF-Dynamic Bought and copied the Weapon-R. Weapon-R has proof of one shipping directly to an employee of AF-dynamics. Also all there intakes are K&N copies. AF-Dynamic didnt do jack R&D nothing for this intake!

·
Registered
11 Posts
does anyone know where i can get intake for my 04 sienna? i have 18 inch magnaflow muffler sounds great not to loud just right. any suggestions for affordable performance upgrades?

·
Registered
4 Posts
On this install, do you remove the front part of the air cleaner box? It has the plumbing to pull the air from outside of the car, it seems counter productive to get rid of it on a "cold" air intake.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am repairing an 08, the airbox was shattered in a collision with a deer. I was thinking that I would prefer an aftermarket intake rather than spend as much or more money on a stock one that takes up so much room under the hood.

Is there any reason the AF Dynamic wouldn't work for my 08? Is there one made for a Camry or something that would fit?

I don't think I can bring myself to order something from "Blinglights" http://www.ebay.com/itm/2004-2011-Toyota-Sienna-Cold-Air-Intake-System-00-01-02-/320294419305?hash=item4a9308fb69

21 - 40 of 43 Posts