Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
US $348.80 36%OFF | 12.3inch Screen For Toyota SIENNA 2021 2022 Android 12 8+128G Carplay DSP Sound Car Multimedia Video Player GPS Navigation Radio

I'm contemplating on buying and installing this though i have a few concerns. Everything looks plug and play. I current have remote connect services and like the alerts like " door unlocked" and the ability to start the car remotely from my phone. So im afraid of compatibility issues.

I would like a higher res screen, the ability to add a 4g/ 5g sim card for wifi tethering. Better quality 360 camera which they say is optional.

I currently have a platinum and the screen and system leaves something to be desired.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
2022 AWD Sienna XSE w/ plus
51 Posts
It looks nice, the 360° camera is very appealing. No native SiriusXM app is a deal breaker for us. Yes there is the app in the store. It doesn't have the same functionality and would have to get a data connection which is additional cost.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It looks nice, the 360° camera is very appealing. No native SiriusXM app is a deal breaker for us. Yes there is the app in the store. It doesn't have the same functionality and would have to get a data connection which is additional cost.
There is a 4g card/ sim card which i can put in easily for the connection. I do like the remote services for locking/unlocking starting the car along with notifications if i forget to lock and check back seat.

·
Registered
12 Posts
US $348.80 36%OFF | 12.3inch Screen For Toyota SIENNA 2021 2022 Android 12 8+128G Carplay DSP Sound Car Multimedia Video Player GPS Navigation Radio

I'm contemplating on buying and installing this though i have a few concerns. Everything looks plug and play. I current have remote connect services and like the alerts like " door unlocked" and the ability to start the car remotely from my phone. So im afraid of compatibility issues.

I would like a higher res screen, the ability to add a 4g/ 5g sim card for wifi tethering. Better quality 360 camera which they say is optional.

I currently have a platinum and the screen and system leaves something to be desired.

Thoughts?
Looks good. I might get it for my 2022 Sienna Platinum. I wonder if it can use the factory 360 cameras or they'll need to be changed out to 360 cameras from this company?

·
Registered
79 Posts
IMO, it's not worth it to get a 3rd party stereo system unit to replace the OEM:
  • Have not seen any navigation system that out does Google map
    • Voice search
    • Add/Remove waypoints
    • Can use while driving
  • Youtube for ultimate music / entertainment for the passengers
    • All the music at your disposal. I don't think your own collection has more than what Youtube has to offer.
    • Unlimited playlist creation
    • Skipping of songs / ads
    • Instant gratification via voice search
I'd suggest you to enable hot spot on your phone and get a 2 in 1 touchscreen laptop, MS Surface, or similar to do it all. If you get a Windows based and use Firefox with the right plugins, you don't have to worry about ads nor that annoying prompt "still listening?"... I've made a custom prototype of my infotainment system all at my fingertip which I've been thinking of redoing with Lexan or 3d printing. Then I'll just bring along the 2 in 1 touchscreen for the road trip.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I went ahead and placed the order for the Best 128GB model. I have corresponded with the seller and they were responsive and answered my questions. I have a 2022 Sienna Platinum model and they said that it will use the existing factory 360 cameras and can make use of Google maps for navigation. I'll see how it works when I get it and install it. They do have money back return guarantee.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I went ahead and placed the order for the Best 128GB model. I have corresponded with the seller and they were responsive and answered my questions. I have a 2022 Sienna Platinum model and they said that it will use the existing factory 360 cameras and can make use of Google maps for navigation. I'll see how it works when I get it and install it. They do have money back return guarantee.
Let us know how it goes. Would like to make sure remote services still work, android auto/ apple carplay (bonus if wireless), seat belt alerts,adding a sim card from tmobile for wireless hotspot, and the 360 camera quality. I have a platinum also but I'm sure others would like to know if they can add a 360 camera.
Other features i would like is to auto switch to 360 camera when going below 5mph, as it really helps with parking. As of current, 360c only kicks in when reversing or when there is an object close to the sensors.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Let us know how it goes. Would like to make sure remote services still work, android auto/ apple carplay (bonus if wireless), seat belt alerts,adding a sim card from tmobile for wireless hotspot, and the 360 camera quality. I have a platinum also but I'm sure others would like to know if they can add a 360 camera.
Other features i would like is to auto switch to 360 camera when going below 5mph, as it really helps with parking. As of current, 360c only kicks in when reversing or when there is an object close to the sensors.
Will do. Good points, I'll see if those features are available or not. The seller did said for the Sienna models that don't have factory 360 cameras, they do sell the four 360 cameras for an additional $75.

·
Registered
21 Sienna AWD Plat Silver
1,238 Posts
<Off-Topic>
May be I am missing something but you can set 360 to come on automatically already. Check the "Auto" box while in the 360 view. I "discovered" this setting after about 3 months of driving it too. Toyota has set it to come on at 6MPH or below. It has its pluses and minuses. If you like to fiddle with radio or other things while stopped, you have to go back and forth between 360 and radio (or other things.) IIRC, if you have gotten deep into certain menus, 360 will make you start all over again.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Update, I did purchased this after market product for my 2022 Toyota Sienna Platinum 12.3inch Screen For Toyota Sienna 2021 2022 Android 12 8+128g Carplay Dsp Sound Car Multimedia Video Player Gps Navigation Radio - Car Multimedia Player - AliExpress (it arrived 17 days after order) and I will return it on their 75-day money back guarantee as I don't recommend it for the following reasons:
1) No written or video instructions came with the product. The company's sales rep said to correspond with their engineers via WhatsApp in China for installation and operations support.
2) I have been going back and forth with their support engineers for almost a week on the installation of the wiring connectors as there are more factory wiring connectors than what came with the product and it wasn't clear which of their wiring connectors connect to which connectors on the Sienna's side. With the time differences between here and China it has taken a day for each response and often times it was an incomplete answer which created more questions.
3) The product is not plug and play as they advertised, they supplied wiring harnesses that go between their product and the Toyota factory wiring connectors. Not all of the Toyota cables/connections have connectors on this product, which means some functionality don't exist on this product that the Toyota factory unit has.
4) Several weird error alerts were generated when the product was turned-on and Toyota was notified of the alerts, Looks like alerts for a Toyota Mirai hydrogen car were generated from my Sienna.
5) The factory 360 and reverse cameras don't come on and there is no video on the screen when reversing or normally when the 360 cameras come on with the factory unit.
6) There is no option to change any setting to display to gallon instead of liter or change temperature to use Fahrenheit (F) instead of Celsius (C) or change KM to miles.
7) The FM radio doesn't pickup the local radio stations around here in the Los Angeles area. All I hear is static. The FM radio station shown in the picture on 103.5 is a good strong radio station but on the unit I just hear static. The engineer confirmed that there is no support for Sirius/XM but their sales person claimed that there is support for it.
8) According to the engineer an air bag error will occur which will need 2 circuit boards to be removed from the factory unit and connected to one of the factory connectors (that's why in one of the pictures the factory unit is connected there). I'm not removing the two circuit boards.
I will reinstall the factory unit and return this after-market product. Other than the bigger screen with the after-market product, I found little else is good with it as compared to the Toyota factory unit. Although I did found that the Toyota remote services such as remote lock/unlock/start on the app worked without the factory unit installed.
Here are pictures of the wire connections and displays on the screen for your reference.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts