Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I recently changed all the tires and sensors on my 2014 Sienna L. The metal stems were breaking and two of the sensors battery had died.

After changing the tires and the sensors, the tire shop told me they cannot reprogram the sensors to the onboard computer as the tool is asking for a 5th sensor (in the spare I am assuming).

Has anyone had this issue? How can I get the sensor tool to only require 4 sensors before sending the codes to the van?

Sensor are Autel MX Sensors.

·
Super Moderator
4,458 Posts
Yes! My Autel TS-508 sometimes gets stuck in this mode also. There are no sensors installed in space saver high pressure spares, but the tool doesn't always seem properly informed. I found that if you walk away from the vehicle, press for a reading, wait for about 10 seconds for it to recognize that it's not going to get anything, and then press "N", it will move on to the next screen where it displays the full data page on the 4 scanned sensors. You can then proceed with the OBD port uploading process.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks @fibber2. I gave that a try and we got to the uploading process and I am getting the error:

C2126 - Transmitter ID not Received

It looks as though I may be stuck in the Toyota TPMS loop. Any ideas on how I should proceed?

·
Super Moderator
4,458 Posts
First thing to do is to make sure your Autel software is up to date. I think V1.24 is the latest?

I've not had a stored error code to deal with, so don't know for sure. Someone that was using Techstream on another board reported that they needed to clear stored codes before uploading new ones. I would hope that a dedicated tool like the Autel has the option/ability to wipe out what errors might be lingering from your old bad sensors?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts