Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been in the market for wheels for over a month. Really picky about design, color, weight and specs. Every car I've ever owned had a set of aftermarket wheels. I use willtheyfit.com as a good reference on poke etc.

Anyhow- One thing that hasn't come up before is load weight for the wheel. If you're talking sports car / sedan, it's something you typically don't have to worry about. It's a lighter car and most wheel selections will be fine due to weight of car.

For the Sienna, it's a different story. I've gathered the max axle gross weight is 3100lbs and based on our bolt pattern- it appears the minimum load weight of a single wheel should be 1600lbs. Anything above would be better.

I've considered alot of the JDM brands, Advan, Volk, Gram Lights, SSR, Enkei etc. Actually had a special order for Enkei RPF1 but after 3 weeks, vendor said Enkei won't be importing the size / specs unless they get an order of 40 sets or more so order was canceled. Bummed since I really like the design, weight and specs.

Next up was the Vorsteiner VFF-103. Really nice wheel but the Sienna is too heavy and load rating of this wheel is under spec.

Anyhow- Something to consider. Some don't know about the importance of wheel load rating, most don't care. Alot of the boutique or low cost wheels from Asia don't specify wheel load.

I suspect most Sienna owners like myself are hauling family and young children so something to really take into consideration before deciding on your summer set or your hera frush look.

Leaning towards TSW Chronos- 20X9 +30. Only turn off is the weight...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Enkei RPF1 I had on order was 19X8.5 +22 5X114.3. If it wasn't already canceled, I may have stumbled upon wheel load and wouldn't have installed. So it worked out well. Got a full refund and am still searching. A few more options:

BBS CH-R. Quality brand, good design but at ~27-28lbs, not much weight savings over other cast wheels in same size of 20X8.5.
Rohana, Forgestar, TSW are some options.

The other thing to consider is cost of tires. Find a common size like a 245/50/19 or 255/45/20 and you'll save up to $50 then something that's super wide like a 265 because you selected a 9.5 wide wheel.

A 19X10 would require a minimum of 265 and that may look stretched. Too wide for my liking, I'm going for a concave, flush with meaty tires look. I might even pass on the 20", would look great but the roads in Colorado are crappy and I'd prefer a 50 series side wall than a 45 series.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pulled the trigger on Forgestar CF5V in 20X9 +25, 5X114.3. I think weight will be around 25-26lbs. Color is gloss gunmetal. Lead time is 6-8 weeks and I worked with getyourwheels.com, decent price.

Found a good deal on Continental DSW06 all season tires 255/45/20 on eBay.
TPMS sensors- still looking.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Wheels came in, estimated lead time was 6-8 weeks but I got them in about 5.

Forgestar CF5V in 20X9 +25, 5X114.3. Weighed in at 11.35Kg = 25lbs

Got the gloss gunmetal and it looks more like a gray then a dark gunmetal. Hoping to mount in coming weeks and then we'll see if lowering by way of SE suspension or RSR springs is in order...

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Love the username and sweet wheels. Be careful of those ebay tires, I bought a set for my wife's Corolla last year and looking at the manufactured date on the tires, it was a "new" 4 yr old set of tires.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Silverarrow- Good point regarding the eBay tires, in this case and all past tire purchases through eBay, I use Discount Tire Direct. Reputable and I can take them to the local Discount store and get the same price for installation as someone would if they bought through their store.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I wonder if a vendor somewhere could supply 18" RPF-1s such as the ones on the R-Tuned Sienna. Tirerack won't list them for my 2012 LE AWD. Perhaps a group buy is in order? I'm sure there would be plenty of interest.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Finally got around to having the wheels/tires mounted. I think the tire size matches wheel size nicely, gives it the meaty tire look. Next step is to figure out how to reduce that wheel gap...

More notes added 4/22/19:

*Weighed the stock 18" XLE wheels and they're a whopping 34.8lbs. Didn't get a chance to weigh tires / compare tire weights but will assume their close.
*Installed OEM mud guards over the weekend and have a slight rub when backing out of driveway and wheels turned. Will look further into rubbing but guess it's against the mud flaps.
*After settling a bit, wheel gap isn't that bad. About 3 fingers / a little over 2.5". SE suspension may still be in order but I'm not in a rush, kinda like the new look.

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
I wonder if a vendor somewhere could supply 18" RPF-1s such as the ones on the R-Tuned Sienna. Tirerack won't list them for my 2012 LE AWD. Perhaps a group buy is in order? I'm sure there would be plenty of interest.
You wouldn't want a staggered setup on an awd. You can probably get away with this size and offset. You can always roll your fenders or run spacers if needed.

https://www.vividracing.com/enkei-rpf1-sbc-wheel-18x95-5x1143-38mm-p-152543268.html

·
Registered
3 Posts
Finally got around to having the wheels/tires mounted. I think the tire size matches wheel size nicely, gives it the meaty tire look. Next step is to figure out how to reduce that wheel gap...

More notes added 4/22/19:

*Weighed the stock 18" XLE wheels and they're a whopping 34.8lbs. Didn't get a chance to weigh tires / compare tire weights but will assume their close.
*Installed OEM mud guards over the weekend and have a slight rub when backing out of driveway and wheels turned. Will look further into rubbing but guess it's against the mud flaps.
*After settling a bit, wheel gap isn't that bad. About 3 fingers / a little over 2.5". SE suspension may still be in order but I'm not in a rush, kinda like the new look.
Really like the look. How was the change in ride comfort/performance going from 18’s to 20’s? We just got a 2017 AWD and I want to switch out the stock 18’s and move up to 19’s, the TSW Chicane’s in particular.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Really like the look. How was the change in ride comfort/performance going from 18’s to 20’s? We just got a 2017 AWD and I want to switch out the stock 18’s and move up to 19’s, the TSW Chicane’s in particular.

Roads in Colorado aren’t the best and with that being said, ride quality isn’t diminished by much. If you go 19s, you’ll be running 50 series tires and won’t see much, if any difference in your ride quality. Will be putting on my snow set-up tomorrow and I’ll post again with differences going back to 18s and 55 series tires

·
Registered
278 Posts
We have friends with an LE on 17" wheels and when they rode in my SE with 20" wheels (TSW Nurburgring, 245/45R20 tires), they thought something was seriously wrong with my van because the ride was so much rougher than theirs. I didn't notice it when I had gone from the SE OEM 19" wheels, but I daily a small car on coilovers, so I'm used to a rough ride.

·
Registered
3 Posts
We have friends with an LE on 17" wheels and when they rode in my SE with 20" wheels (TSW Nurburgring, 245/45R20 tires), they thought something was seriously wrong with my van because the ride was so much rougher than theirs. I didn't notice it when I had gone from the SE OEM 19" wheels, but I daily a small car on coilovers, so I'm used to a rough ride.
Thanks for the insight. I like the soft ride of the 18’s but like the aesthetics of the 19’s. I like 20’s even more but don’t think the Family would like the ride lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts