Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there an airbag suspension kit for a 2022 XLE AWD? I’ve seen a kit but it says it’s only for 2 wheel Drive models. We are driving with a cargo hitch m that is pretty weighted and even with a riser on our draw-tite it’s bottoms out pretty easy when you hit any type of bump. 
Vehicle Automotive tire Tire Motor vehicle Hood
Product Font Line Screenshot Electric blue
Vehicle Automotive tire Tire Motor vehicle Hood

Product Font Line Screenshot Electric blue

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was wanting to know the same thing--why the Firestone Coil-Rite 4155s say "not for AWD". Does that mean they won't fit, or that you need a pair front and back. I want to install those in back along with a 3" lift to avoid the same issue GCubed is dealing with, and so I can simply handle luggage, bikes and a few kids. My estimate is we did not exceed the load maximum, but look at this. Wow!
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was wanting to know the same thing--why the Firestone Coil-Rite 4155s say "not for AWD". Does that mean they won't fit, or that you need a pair front and back. I want to install those in back along with a 3" lift to avoid the same issue GCubed is dealing with, and so I can simply handle luggage, bikes and a few kids. My estimate is we did not exceed the load maximum, but look at this. Wow!
View attachment 57676

·
Registered
234 Posts
in another post someone says AWD can't have air lifts: Hybrid Sienna Towing Capabilites
the suspension for the FWD rear is exactly the same as the AWD rear. hell, I think even the rear subframe carrier where the electric motor drive unit would sit is exactly the same part too. The part they are talking about that goes in the middle of the spring is the "jounce" stopper, aka, the bump stop. you need to physically cut it down or out, or size your airbags shorter so they ride on it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the suspension for the FWD rear is exactly the same as the AWD rear. hell, I think even the rear subframe carrier where the electric motor drive unit would sit is exactly the same part too. The part they are talking about that goes in the middle of the spring is the "jounce" stopper, aka, the bump stop. you need to physically cut it down or out, or size your airbags shorter so they ride on it.
I think I’ll wait till they make something compatible with the AWD specifically before I go through that headache. Thanks for the advice though.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had the firestone bags installed on a 2022 AWD. The bump stops need to be removed which makes it a tough DIY job. You can either unbolt from above(best choice) or hack if off with a sawzall (leaves a stump in place that could rub the airbag).

If airlines go down, a hole needs to be drilled out the bottom - this puts the airlines at a low point and maybe prone to snagging. Mine don't go down but I haven't looked how they routed them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had the firestone bags installed on a 2022 AWD. The bump stops need to be removed which makes it a tough DIY job. You can either unbolt from above(best choice) or hack if off with a sawzall (leaves a stump in place that could rub the airbag).

If airlines go down, a hole needs to be drilled out the bottom - this puts the airlines at a low point and maybe prone to snagging. Mine don't go down but I haven't looked how they routed them.
Thanks for your response… Much appreciated! Do you think there will be something coming out compatible with all wheel drive that won’t require all this modification to have to be done prior to installing?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts