Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, all.

I have read posts here, but this is my first time posting. We have a 2005 Sienna LE. The van runs well (even at 230k miles), but there is something that I would really like to get fixed.

The passenger footwell leaks air. I am not sure where it is coming from, and it is really only an issue in the winter when I am driving and my wife is in the passenger seat (she gets cold). I am not sure if there is a leak at the firewall or something with the recirc/fresh air door. I have looked at the firewall a few times with the vehicle on a lift but have not seen anything. It is not easy to see things under the dash, and I do not really know what I am looking for. We do not get any water inside the van.

Any thoughts? Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks.
Josh

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Welcome to the forum. The cabin air filter is located behind the glove box. Is the frame that holds that filter missing?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@paul r

Thanks for the reply. I checked this evening and the frame is present. There do not appear to be any holes in the blower housing.

My wife says that it feels like air is coming from more of the middle of the van (behind the center of the dashboard).

·
Registered
281 Posts
@paul r

Thanks for the reply. I checked this evening and the frame is present. There do not appear to be any holes in the blower housing.

My wife says that it feels like air is coming from more of the middle of the van (behind the center of the dashboard).
When I put the controls on feet-only (typical setting for heat), I feel cold air coming through the center vents. If she's particularly sensitive to cold, or you happen to have these angled down and towards the passenger side, her foot well would fill up with cold air pretty quickly. Typically, I will just run the vent on the split setting so warm air comes out instead of cold. Alternately, it's possible that the passenger-side foot vent is closed/blocked and the natural tendency for cold air to seek the lowest point is causing her to bear the brunt of the effect.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts