Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. New Chat member here. Have searched earlier threads without success to answer this particular question. I have a 2017 XLE 8 pass. I also have five kids--so I need all weather mats! Search results look like the OEM mats and WeatherTech mats don't allow the 2nd row to slide forward to let passengers in/out of the 3rd row without "lifting the mat". Having to lift the mat each time seems like a ridiculous option--I have young kids and that's impractical. Where can I find mats that fit but allow the seats to slide easily? I'm surprised that Toyota doesn't make mats that actually fit the design of the car. What am I missing. TIA.

·
Registered
2014 Sienna LE
568 Posts
Does your van have any mats from the factory? My van has carpet mats in the rear, but I do not know if they are factory or aftermarket as they don't have any branding, unlike the front mats.

I think the issue is there is a tradeoff. If you want a true, all weather, mat with raised edges to keep the water from running off and under the mat, then it interferes with the sliding seats. The tracks must not be covered if you want the seats to slide. The carpet mats I have therefore go beside each floor track but not over the tracks. There's also not really any room from the floor to the bottom of the seat carriage that allows for any sort of significantly raised edges.

Even if someone sold a solid rubber mat with some sort of raised edge that would still fit, you still have these giant strips where the tracks are that could not be covered. So it wouldn't be true all-weather protection.

In short, the Weathertech ones decided for better weather protection they would have large raised edges, cover the tracks, and prevent the seats from moving.

·
Registered
2020 Sienna LE
375 Posts
All the Weathertech mats I've seen are 1 piece for the second and third row. Like an H shape that are joined together. I got Husky's and its separate pieces. I use the OEM rubber mats and tossed the Husky's on top of that. No, its never going to be perfect but I can slide the second row seats pretty far forward and dont ever have to lift them. My kids are teens but the Husky in the middle row sits right where their feet go. I almost never use the rear seats so cant comment on the third row.
Mine's 8 seater LE so same configuration.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I added mats from Lloyds mats, they work well with the second row seats, like the Toughpro mats above.

·
Registered
2020 Sienna LE
375 Posts
The OE ones I have look a lot like the ones Xpham posted. If I didnt get the ones included when I got the van I would be all over something like that. Never knew there were any mats out there like that. I like that they're only 2 pieces. The OEM ones are like 10 individual pieces.
I still like the Husky's I have on top since since they help trap melted snow and ice in the winter time, but I think something like the Toughpro's are a good option for anyone who doesnt have the OE ones.
It looks like a big gap between the Husky and the OE ones, but my kids are teens so their feet actually stay on the Husky's.
Car Vehicle Automotive design Motor vehicle Fixture
Vehicle Motor vehicle Fixture Automotive tire Automotive exterior

1 - 7 of 7 Posts