Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello eveyone,

I just replaced an alternator on my 2013 Sienna LE. After I spent three afternoon after work to complete this work and started the engine and discovered that the alternator fusible link fuse was blew out because I forgot to disconnect the negative battery terminal before I did the work. Now I am trying to remove this 140 amp fuse located inside the fuse box under the hood but no luck so far. I believe it is bolted to the bottom of the high voltage cable so it looks like I have to disassembly the two halve of the box in order to access to the bottom bolt. I have been trying to find a way to disconnect these two halve but no luck so far. Does anybody ever run into this problem before and may be have a trick to do this?

Any help would greatly appreciate it.

Tung Le

·
Registered
522 Posts
I have never had a GEN3 apart but they are a PITA. The 140A fuse pushes into the fuse box and has to be unbolted as you know. I had a quick look at my van (2011). Looks like the battery and maybe the ECM will have to come out and maybe the airbox. Once they are out of the way you have to remove the bolts that hold in the fuse box. Now you should be able to work on it. The whole bottom of the box comes off. There are little tabs that need to be pushed in to allow the fuse block to push in. you may need several small screwdrivers to release the tabs from the top. I tried to look around for diagrams on the net. I will keep looking.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have never had a GEN3 apart but they are a PITA. The 140A fuse pushes into the fuse box and has to be unbolted as you know. I had a quick look at my van (2011). Looks like the battery and maybe the ECM will have to come out and maybe the airbox. Once they are out of the way you have to remove the bolts that hold in the fuse box. Now you should be able to work on it. The whole bottom of the box comes off. There are little tabs that need to be pushed in to allow the fuse block to push in. you may need several small screwdrivers to release the tabs from the top. I tried to look around for diagrams on the net. I will keep looking.
--------------------------------------------
Hi 3Wheelerguy,

Thank you so much for your reply. I spent a good 3 1/2 hr to remove airbox, ECM and other cable connections as you mentioned above. This gives me some room to access to the tabs around the fuse box and able to separate the top and bottom fuse box housing. Since it is getting late, I stopped at this point and plan to come back and hope able to turn the box up side down so that I can see and access to the nut and unscrew it. I will give the update tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

Thank again for your post.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts