Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Apparently yes. I've seen some screenshots etc, but it doesn't seem to work on the new Sienna...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Related...I just took delivery of 2021 sienna xle (base) and cannot figure out how to add apps from my phone to the AA home screen. Starting to wonder if you actually have to have the XLE plus package to get full capability of AA. Have seen several articles on how to do it, but none of them match my system. The most recent post was March 2021 so I assumed it was current.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was able to do it by going into Android auto on my phone, opening settings, and clicking customize launcher.

Then put a check mark next to the app that you want on the in the car and you can reorder them as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was able to do it by going into Android auto on my phone, opening settings, and clicking customize launcher.

Then put a check mark next to the app that you want on the in the car and you can reorder them as well.
I've seen that also, but on my system the only apps are the ones that came in the default config. For example, wanted to add Wayze, but it's not in that list.

·
Registered
651 Posts
I've seen that also, but on my system the only apps are the ones that came in the default config. For example, wanted to add Wayze, but it's not in that list.
Are you maybe going to the Apps screen on the van and expecting to see them there instead of going to Audio >> Android Auto / Apple CarPlay? The latter is the correct approach once plugged in

·
Registered
6 Posts
Are you maybe going to the Apps screen on the van and expecting to see them there instead of going to Audio >> Android Auto / Apple CarPlay? The latter is the correct approach once plugged in

I was aware of that, but didn't try the sequence you used, just tried it from the android home screen and phone app. Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
tried that...just a different way to get to the AA home screen....I'll keep plugging...got to be something stupid I missing

·
Registered
6 Posts
tried that...just a different way to get to the AA home screen....I'll keep plugging...got to be something stupid I missing
I think I figured it out...seems that there are only certain google approved android apps that can be installed to AA. I was trying to install an app that is not on their list..."o)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts