Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so my 2005 Sienna XLE has been a nightmare with the sliding doors. On the driver side i have already replaced the center hinge, cable assembly and door lock release actuator. On the passenger side i have have had to do the door release actuator as well. Now... my passenger side has a new problem. I have looked through the threads and i have not been able to find instructions on how to replace the Door Latch Motor. This is the motor that when the sliding door closes, it pulls the door in the rest of the way. Does anyone have some instructions on how to replace or a video link perhaps? I am 90% sure it's the Latch Motor because you don't hear the motor kick on at all when closing the door like you hear on the working driver side sliding door. Also checked and hinge appears to be fine and the door is not rubbing anywhere.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Hey guys, so my 2005 Sienna XLE has been a nightmare with the sliding doors. On the driver side i have already replaced the center hinge, cable assembly and door lock release actuator. On the passenger side i have have had to do the door release actuator as well. Now... my passenger side has a new problem. I have looked through the threads and i have not been able to find instructions on how to replace the Door Latch Motor. This is the motor that when the sliding door closes, it pulls the door in the rest of the way. Does anyone have some instructions on how to replace or a video link perhaps? I am 90% sure it's the Latch Motor because you don't hear the motor kick on at all when closing the door like you hear on the working driver side sliding door. Also checked and hinge appears to be fine and the door is not rubbing anywhere.
2004-2010 TOYOTA Sienna Sliding door lock actuator motor replacement

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe I'm off base but an advanced search on 69200-08011 pulled up quite a few posts, like this one.
Thanks Roader. I did read through that entire thread. The most it offered was how to replaced the motor inside of the actuator. I actually already have the replacement part. I just need to know how to pull it out of the door and what's entailed in doing that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So excited to find this post because I have the exact same problem with my 2006 Sienna. All the posts online are about the lock actuator, which I’ve already fixed.

Not excited that it’s a $500 part … please post details if you manage to fix it, @cdguy707!

·
Registered
906 Posts
With that particular motor inoperative is one able to physically push the door closed once the system takes it as far as it will go? I also have an 06 and only the passenger side door is powered. No problems as yet

·
Registered
2 Posts
With that particular motor inoperative is one able to physically push the door closed once the system takes it as far as it will go? I also have an 06 and only the passenger side door is powered. No problems as yet
Yes, we can shove it closed. It also works manually if you turn off the auto function.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Did you ever get this fixed? I'm having the same issue with my 2006 XLE Sienna. It's definitely not the release actuator, I have already fixed one of those. The door closes but the motor that pulls it in for the final latch doesn't engage. We have to bump the door closed. Did 69200-08011 fix the problem for you?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts