Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Sienna XLE and have been looking for brighter headlight bulbs. I'd like to go with LED's instead of HID's for economic reasons as well as for ease of installation. I actually ordered and then received the LasFit H11 and 9005 LEDs for the low beams and high beams/DRL's, respectively. The ebay light bulb compatibility check showed that these bulbs were compatible for the XLE. However, as I was waiting for delivery I read that some people were experiencing issues with the 9005's because of them being dual purpose high beams and DRL's. The issue according to one Sienna owner was that the DRL error light would continuously display on the dash. According to this owner, I forget the Sienna year and model, the canbus encoder solved the problem. I do remember that this owner did not mention whether the high beams actually dimmed for daylight use or not.

I contacted LasFit CS by email and to their credit they responded within 24 hrs and said that a purchase of their canbus encoders should solve the problem if it occurs. I was a little concerned about the additional $20 for the canbus as this made the headlight bulbs total $100, more than I wanted to spend. I also questioned LasFit CS as to why the canbus purchase was not noted as a requirement before the purchase. They replied back (within 24 hrs) and told me to try just the bulbs first as they might work.

Then, a short while later I got another email from LasFit that said that recently someone with a 2011 Sienna bought the same package and even with the canbus there was no joy and that I should return the bulbs. LasFit did not elaborate in their last email as to what issues the 2011 owner experienced. BTW, really good customer service from LasFit to keep following up. Thank you, LasFit.

Has anyone tried the 9005 LED's in a 3rd Gen Sienna? If so, what brand and model?

I think the H11's will work in the low beams and I'm going to order them to see (no pun intended:). However, I really need the high beams brighter as I live in a rural area with few street lights and lots of deer! OUCH!!! IMG_20200415_123958788_HDR.jpg

Appreciate any help.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Gotta go big or go home with headlights.
I did a full projector retrofit to HID (old and already had parts). These days. you can also go with Morimoto MLED 2.0 projectors with a 4TL bracket on the Sienna.

Those PnP LED bulbs aren't going to give real usable output, they probably create glare and intense foreground which isn't good for output.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Think about that before you go the mled + bracket route. The bracket is designed for a front mount, not rear like in our sienna.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a 2013 Sienna XLE and have been looking for brighter headlight bulbs. I'd like to go with LED's instead of HID's for economic reasons as well as for ease of installation. I actually ordered and then received the LasFit H11 and 9005 LEDs for the low beams and high beams/DRL's, respectively. The ebay light bulb compatibility check showed that these bulbs were compatible for the XLE. However, as I was waiting for delivery I read that some people were experiencing issues with the 9005's because of them being dual purpose high beams and DRL's. The issue according to one Sienna owner was that the DRL error light would continuously display on the dash. According to this owner, I forget the Sienna year and model, the canbus encoder solved the problem. I do remember that this owner did not mention whether the high beams actually dimmed for daylight use or not.

I contacted LasFit CS by email and to their credit they responded within 24 hrs and said that a purchase of their canbus encoders should solve the problem if it occurs. I was a little concerned about the additional $20 for the canbus as this made the headlight bulbs total $100, more than I wanted to spend. I also questioned LasFit CS as to why the canbus purchase was not noted as a requirement before the purchase. They replied back (within 24 hrs) and told me to try just the bulbs first as they might work.

Then, a short while later I got another email from LasFit that said that recently someone with a 2011 Sienna bought the same package and even with the canbus there was no joy and that I should return the bulbs. LasFit did not elaborate in their last email as to what issues the 2011 owner experienced. BTW, really good customer service from LasFit to keep following up. Thank you, LasFit.

Has anyone tried the 9005 LED's in a 3rd Gen Sienna? If so, what brand and model?

I think the H11's will work in the low beams and I'm going to order them to see (no pun intended:). However, I really need the high beams brighter as I live in a rural area with few street lights and lots of deer! OUCH!!! View attachment 46504

Appreciate any help. View attachment 46504
In November, 2020 I bought the BEAMTECH H11 LED Headlight Bulb,30mm Heatsink Base CSP Chips 10000 Lumens H8 H9 6500K Xenon White Extremely Super Bright Conversion Kit of 2 along with the Beamtech 9005's for the DRL's/High-beams. Both have been fine and a big improvement over the OEM's. Just a very slight flicker in the low beams. Unless you're looking for it, you probably won't notice.

·
Registered
2019 Toyota Sienna (LE) FWD
22 Posts
I bought Auxbeam for both low and high beams. OMFG, I never had a better driving experience at night.

If you need part#, I can try to find that in the order history.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts