Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I have 2008 Toyota Sienna. Throws a code P0793 - Intermediate Shaft Speed Sensor A, replaced both transmission speed sensor. After 20 miles of driving, throws a code P2714 - Pressure Control Solenoid "D" Performance (Shift Solenoid Valve SLT). Any suggestions?
[h=3][/h]

·
Registered
1 Posts
did you get this fixed? I have the same codes with my 2007
I have the same codes also on 2008 Sienna. Replaced both sensors with factory parts. Still have problem. I have googled this everywhere and can't find good answers. Would really appreciate if someone could help.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Since last few weeks the transmission was acting up in accelerating from the stop with a little jerk. I did replace the ATF with Type T-IV as part of the complete 180K service. After few days I disconnected the negative terminal as well but it didn't do anything. My problem was that it was not throwing any codes so it was hard to figure it out. Finally, last friday wife called me at work and said the CEL and VSC is on. On saturday, I connected my Code reader and read the codes and it was P0793 and P0776 for Intermediate shaft speed sensor and Pressure control solenoid B respectively. Took it to the toyota dealer on tuesday and received a call that nothing is wrong with my solenoid or sensor but the harness wires were chewed up by the rodent. The repair was possible and it would be around $535. I authorize the repair and submitted a claim online to the insurance company. I had a feeling that it should be covered under comprehensive. The insurance representative called me and and coordinated with the adjuster. Today, I received a call from the adjuster that I will get full reimbursement. The way the insurance company processed the entire claim was flawless and amazing. Now, I am looking for some ideas to keep the animals away from the car since they love the soy based wiring. I would appreciate if someone has any expertise in this area. Thx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts