Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I cannot find this on either google play store or apple apps. Probably more of the entune smoking mirrors. This is suppose to be only for the 2021 sienna.

·
Registered
27 Posts
It's part of the Toyota app, scroll down and you'll see it between the recent trip and Manuals & Warranties cards.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, I found it. I thought it was a stand alone app and digging further, a pilot test program. But in the toyota app, I have it down loading now.

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
I downloaded it from the Toyota app. You have to converse with Joya. She asks a few questions to determine your model and options. I did not do much with it yet, but I am sure that I prefer an Owner's Manual. I think this is a beta version to test it out. There will not be an Owner's manual in 2022.
2021 Toyota Sienna Owner’s Manual Goes Digital - Toyota USA Newsroom
Toyota Launches Google-Powered Voice Assistant and Interactive Car Manual Named Joya - Voicebot.ai
https://www.kbb.com/car-news/toyota-sienna-ditches-owners-manual-for-digital-assistant/

I finally got Joya working and asked where the headlight switch was. I found out that I had to hold the phone up vertical as though I was looking out the windshied through the phone. She showed me the location of the switch as being in the lower left instrument cluster. Turning in my chair I can look to either side or back at the driver's seat. Not very impressed so far.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I downloaded it from the Toyota app. You have to converse with Joya. She asks a few questions to determine your model and options. I did not do much with it yet, but I am sure that I prefer an Owner's Manual. I think this is a beta version to test it out. There will not be an Owner's manual in 2022.
Toyota Launches Google-Powered Voice Assistant and Interactive Car Manual Named Joya - Voicebot.ai
https://www.kbb.com/car-news/toyota-sienna-ditches-owners-manual-for-digital-assistant/

I finally got Joya working and asked where the headlight switch was. I found out that I had to hold the phone up vertical as though I was looking out the windshied through the phone. She showed me the location of the switch as being in the lower left instrument cluster. Turning in my chair I can look to either side or back at the driver's seat. Not very impressed so far.
Hopefully it will improve.......it has potential.

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
Finally was able to talk to Joya after turning the volume up to max. She still has a hard time understanding what I want. Maybe I need to experiment some more. Contrary to what some articles said, Toyota says there will be a manual with the 2022.

·
Registered
2009 Sienna LE FWD & 2021 Sienna LE FWD
63 Posts
I'm still waiting for our 2021 van delivery and don't have a VIN, so I couldn't get past the point in the app where it asks for a VIN. I found a random one on a Toyota dealer website... which works! Now hopefully I don't start somebody's new car or request roadside assistance by accident :oops: Just kidding, you have to enter a code into the car display to verify your ownership.

I wonder if I can buy remote unlock for $8 if and when somebody locks the keys in the vehicle? My wife has done that a couple of times over the last decade, paying $8 for a single month sure beats a trip across town to unlock her car. $80 a year isn't terrible but I'd rather save that money for the next car purchase.

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
I'm still waiting for our 2021 van delivery and don't have a VIN, so I couldn't get past the point in the app where it asks for a VIN. I found a random one on a Toyota dealer website... which works! Now hopefully I don't start somebody's new car or request roadside assistance by accident :oops: Just kidding, you have to enter a code into the car display to verify your ownership.

I wonder if I can buy remote unlock for $8 if and when somebody locks the keys in the vehicle? My wife has done that a couple of times over the last decade, paying $8 for a single month sure beats a trip across town to unlock her car. $80 a year isn't terrible but I'd rather save that money for the next car purchase.
It is virtually impossible to lock you key fob in the 2021 Sienna. You would have to throw it in while the hatch was closing or else through a window while it was closing. I tried to lock one in, keeping one fob out just in case. I could not get it to lock with a fob in the car.

·
Registered
15 Posts

How did you get this. I have the toyota app could not see it. May be it is only for US, not for Canada.

·
Registered
2021 Sienna XLE
185 Posts
It appears to be a new tile that has been recently released to the Toyota app. I did not have it, but I checked yesterday and it was there.

·
Registered
2009 Sienna LE FWD & 2021 Sienna LE FWD
63 Posts
It appears to be a new tile that has been recently released to the Toyota app. I did not have it, but I checked yesterday and it was there.
I'm glad I downloaded the PDF manuals when I could, I got kicked out of the App ("borrowed" VIN) after a day. Talking to Joya was kind of scripted, but maybe it's a good way to explain features to those who don't like to experiment with pushing buttons and/or read manuals.

I did notice there is a way to get off the VIN screen and enter a demo mode. you can't choose the vehicle and see appropriate manuals but you try some options you couldn't get to without verifying your vehicle.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It is virtually impossible to lock you key fob in the 2021 Sienna. You would have to throw it in while the hatch was closing or else through a window while it was closing. I tried to lock one in, keeping one fob out just in case. I could not get it to lock with a fob in the car.
I bet a deactivated key could get locked in there by accident. We keep one of our keys deactivated and the van says no key is available. If on a trip, we lose the key we are driving with, and the other is in the suitcase is deactivated, we might be in trouble if we lose the one we are using and the car is locked. I might have to rethink this strategy.

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
I bet a deactivated key could get locked in there by accident. We keep one of our keys deactivated and the van says no key is available. If on a trip, we lose the key we are driving with, and the other is in the suitcase is deactivated, we might be in trouble if we lose the one we are using and the car is locked. I might have to rethink this strategy.
You are right, it will not detect a deactivated key. You probably should check the activated key in the suit case to ensure that it will detect it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts