Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you know what it is? I need help to identify this part.
My car is Sienna 2011 Awd. XLE with V6.
I found this part in the engine compartment while I was working on spark plug replacement. This part was connected to a wire going through the firewall before being cut off. It looks like a resister or sensor in plastic enclosure.
I didn’t see any error without putting this back but I wan to find out what it is. If this is an important part, I will definitely put it back after figuring out the wiring. thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
I assume you did not buy the vehicle new, correct? That does not look OEM (the connector is one of those cheap DIY crimp jobs). What it is, got me. I just did a spark plug change on my 2012 and I didn't run across anything that looked like that. Mine is a limited trim, doesn't have every bell and whistle, and isn't AWD, so perhaps there's enough difference between the two vehicles that mine doesn't come with that trinket ... but I doubt it.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Mercury switch . Probably for a remote start shut down when the hood is raised. Not OEM, you'll never see OEM butt connectors.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I assume you did not buy the vehicle new, correct? That does not look OEM (the connector is one of those cheap DIY crimp jobs). What it is, got me. I just did a spark plug change on my 2012 and I didn't run across anything that looked like that. Mine is a limited trim, doesn't have every bell and whistle, and isn't AWD, so perhaps there's enough difference between the two vehicles that mine doesn't come with that trinket ... but I doubt it.
Thank you for the reply. You are right that I bought a used one. I will check others input.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts