Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed these cutouts to be just not something I would expect from Toyota… anyone else having these issues? Mine is a 2022 pearl white xle
Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting Hood Car

Automotive tire Automotive exterior Bumper Rectangle Gas

·
Registered
763 Posts
Yep, in one of the articles I have recently read the author describes a similar quality issue as an "un-Toyota experience".

·
Registered
764 Posts
I've yet to explore this part of our Sienna but now my OCD will guarantee investigation :)

Did have non flush hatch on one side but that was easily fixed by adjusting the stubby black stoppers.

·
Registered
763 Posts
I've yet to explore this part of our Sienna but now my OCD will guarantee investigation :)

Did have non flush hatch on one side but that was easily fixed by adjusting the stubby black stoppers.
For the benefit of the simple folks like myself, what's a good way of adjusting those stoppers?

Be careful with your exploration, though. Sometimes it's better not to know how sausages are made :)

·
Registered
764 Posts
For the benefit of the simple folks like myself, what's a good way of adjusting those stoppers?

Be careful with your exploration, though. Sometimes it's better not to know how sausages are made :)
There are a couple of tools with ratchet like dexterity and precision... our fingers :)

There seem to be at least several of these stoppers on each side. Just loosen or tighten [lefty loosy, rightie tightie] until satisfied. Truth be told once I adjusted two of them and was happy with results I never bothered to see how many more stopper adjustments there are.

Don't adjust too much and do remember how much you turned in case want to go back.

Van was outside for like 5 hours while I worked on garage doors BUT only read this after showering else I would check how many stoppers in total. Too tight in garage to open hatch.

Sausages are made from sausage meat and that is how I gonna believe it!! :)

·
Registered
151 Posts
im pretty sure there is a trim piece missing from the camera. mine has a full cover over it, not the exposed rough edges. its just held in by plastic clips, so maybe it fell off during transport and didn't get noticed during PPI?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
im pretty sure there is a trim piece missing from the camera. mine has a full cover over it, not the exposed rough edges. its just held in by plastic clips, so maybe it fell off during transport and didn't get noticed during PPI?
I have seen other vans on the lot (before being delivered) and no cover on them whatsoever.
All of them have quality issues, not all the same but definitely noticeable

·
Registered
2021 Sienna Platinum AWD; 2013 Subaru Outback Limited
173 Posts
There are a couple of tools with ratchet like dexterity and precision... our fingers :)

There seem to be at least several of these stoppers on each side. Just loosen or tighten [lefty loosy, rightie tightie] until satisfied. Truth be told once I adjusted two of them and was happy with results I never bothered to see how many more stopper adjustments there are.

Don't adjust too much and do remember how much you turned in case want to go back.

Van was outside for like 5 hours while I worked on garage doors BUT only read this after showering else I would check how many stoppers in total. Too tight in garage to open hatch.

Sausages are made from sausage meat and that is how I gonna believe it!! :)
We had the same issue for 12 months - the driver side of the rear hatch was at least 3/4” indented from the fender. The dealership said they needed to bring it to a body shop to get it fixed.

We finally had the time to get it fixed and brought it in, the check-in guy looked at it, opened the hatch, twisted the rubber stopper, and it was fixed,

OMG,

1 - 12 of 12 Posts