Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is what I purchased from E Trailer and it plugs right in. I did cut the 4 trailers wires and splice them back ,in order to push them through the small rubber plug/drain ,it already has a slot in it. The connector is behind the spare tire under the tail lights.
Did you run the 12v direct to the battery or where did you pull the 12v from? Is the rest just plug and play from the left rear side or did you have to run wires to the right side tail light as well? On my 2018 I had to run to both tail lights as well as a ground and 12v to battery. Thx should have my harness Monday!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just installed the Curt hitch on my AWD XLE and it’s very easy to do just 6 bolts. I will modify the cover later and install tomorrow.
The backup sensor does still work but the hitch interferes with clearance for your foot. I can swipe my hand over the top of the hitch and hatch will open. Paid $219 plus shipping. I know I could get it cheaper but we head to the beach in a few weeks.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just installed the aftermarket CURT 2” hitch on my ‘21 and it definitely changed the look of the bank end...but I need to haul bikes so I was ok with that change. I CANNOT get the hands free kick sensor to work (and have not turned the sensor off yet) despite multiple tries and attempts to locate exactly where it is. My biggest issue is that once you have the bike rack on, you have to turn off the Parking Back Up sensor (it’s the icon with the P and the little cone behind it) otherwise you literally cannot back up. And for some reason when I had my bike on the back the back up camera went almost completely black. And my bike wasn’t touching the camera so I’m not sure why that was happening. I’ll try taking more pics with just the hitch on sometime soon and posting those.

·
Registered
2021 Sienna Platinum AWD; 2013 Subaru Outback Limited
64 Posts
@cswan That is very disappointing you cannot get the kick sensor to work.

@Giant Prius was able to get it to work in the post below. Perhaps he/she could share the secret.

Post #24

61 - 66 of 66 Posts