Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 SE with 70K on the clock. Just started noticing the ride is getting extremely harsh and am pretty sure the shocks are toast.

KYB does NOT make a strut specific to the SE. Toyota lists a separate part number just for the SE trim.

I was wondering if anyone has used the KYB GR-2/EXCEL-G struts (left front part # 339293 ($73) right front part # 339292. Found those on tirerack HERE.

While I have the whole thing apart I am going to be proactive and replace the upper strut mounts as well. KYB Part # SM5804 along with the boot kit KYB Part # SB101.

Toyota OEM part number for the SE left front strut is 48609-08030 ($118). Right is 48510-8Z001. Found the info HERE.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I am going to be honest. I did struts on my '04 and my '07. They were not that bad. As far as the GEN3. I will only put in a 'Quickstrut'. The shaft seizes in the upper mount. I guess it depends on location ETC. My friend did his on his 2014. It was a nightmare. Torches ETC. I was helping him. He had the proper tools ETC.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a 2012 SE with 70K on the clock. Just started noticing the ride is getting extremely harsh and am pretty sure the shocks are toast.

KYB does NOT make a strut specific to the SE. Toyota lists a separate part number just for the SE trim.

I was wondering if anyone has used the KYB GR-2/EXCEL-G struts (left front part # 339293 ($73) right front part # 339292. Found those on tirerack HERE.

While I have the whole thing apart I am going to be proactive and replace the upper strut mounts as well. KYB Part # SM5804 along with the boot kit KYB Part # SB101.

Toyota OEM part number for the SE left front strut is 48609-08030 ($118). Right is 48510-8Z001. Found the info HERE.
Did you end up using the KYB set on your SE? I'm also considering it because it's a bit less expensive than buying from the dealer.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I thought the SE had shorter struts and springs and that you could not use the regular struts. I think they would raise your ride height.

·
Registered
8 Posts

Hello just bringing this from the dead . Did you ever actually change your SE shocks /struts with oem Toyota ones? I followed your link and I am currently in the process of sourcing Toyota Oem SE shocks/struts .I wanted to refresh my suspension but not wanting to go with kyb or anything else.
Thanks for the link.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello just bringing this from the dead . Did you ever actually change your SE shocks /struts with oem Toyota ones? I followed your link and I am currently in the process of sourcing Toyota Oem SE shocks/struts .I wanted to refresh my suspension but not wanting to go with kyb or anything else.
Thanks for the link.
I changed my suspension on on 2013 SE a few months ago. Used the KYB strut mount kit from Ebay. They work well. I ordered OEM SE struts from toyota cause I was not able to find a definitive answer whether the KYB struts are the same specs as OEM. I believe SE are shorter from what I read. So to be safe, I went with OEM toyota shocks from the dealer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I changed my suspension on on 2013 SE a few months ago. Used the KYB strut mount kit from Ebay. They work well. I ordered OEM SE struts from toyota cause I was not able to find a definitive answer whether the KYB struts are the same specs as OEM. I believe SE are shorter from what I read. So to be safe, I went with OEM toyota shocks from the dealer.
Thanks for your reply. I am in the same situation as a diy person myself I have changed numerous kyb shocks including AGX in the past but I like these SE shocks. I feel they are valved correctly for my purposes so I may have to order them from the dealership. Did you remember how much for them ? Thanks again.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks for your reply. I am in the same situation as a diy person myself I have changed numerous kyb shocks including AGX in the past but I like these SE shocks. I feel they are valved correctly for my purposes so I may have to order them from the dealership. Did you remember how much for them ? Thanks again.
I paid $300 something for the whole set cause my cousin works at the dealer. I found them online cheaper at Elmhurst Toyota online. I bought parts from them before when I was in Europe. Pretty fast shipping.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I paid $300 something for the whole set cause my cousin works at the dealer. I found them online cheaper at Elmhurst Toyota online. I bought parts from them before when I was in Europe. Pretty fast shipping.
Thanks again for your help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts