Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to add Apple CarPlay to my 2015 Toyota Sienna XLE Premium. I've done some research and I came across the Beat Sonic youtube video and their kit (as well as other kits). Is there a kit that's more recommended than others? Is buying and installing a kit the only way to get CarPlay or is it easier to buy and install a new aftermarket digital media receiver that has Carplay capability?

Any guidance or tips would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

·
Registered
306 Posts
Check out these previous posts. I personally have the VLine2 which has been much more stable since I last posted about it.

Here’s a member who posted about the Beat-Sonic unit. I actually bought one as well to try out, I might install it this weekend to see how it compares. The VL2 unit supports Android Auto as well as Wireless CarPlay.

I’m sure others have replaced the entire head unit but then you lose some of the factory menu configuration options.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Personally, I would go with an aftermarket HU. Not only will it integrate with the existing steering controls and provide the wireless features that you are looking for but you also get many other benefits such as:
  1. Access to other realtime vehicle metrics and engine functions at the top of a button through OBD
  2. More timely and current Nav updates if you choose one with Nav
  3. Access to possibility of a front cam.A lot of newer HU's come with dual cam inputs.
  4. A while lot more apps than what Toyota provides
  5. Ability to take the HU with you if you switch cars off you are using Maestro RR/RR2. All you need is to reprogram the interface module which is free and use the vehicle specific harness.
Last of all any update from Toyota can render the interface non functional or out of commission until the vendor provides an update.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts