Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Dear all very informative discussion. Plz try to solve my problem as I also face audio intimittents / cut off sound after every 30 sec approx on all Aux radio bluetooth etc I had Nav system DVD android one in Toyota belta. Doing all things but still looking for solution. Anyone Plz guide

· Registered
1 Posts
I have the same issue with my 08 sienna. We figured out that unplugging the dvd stopped the stuttering too. I actually bought a used dvd on ebay and it seemed ok for a week or so, but now it's happening again. Since this has happened to so many others, leads me to believe my replacement is bad too.

· Registered
2 Posts
The other day our radio started giving us problems. All the audio sounds like a skipping or fastforwarding CD. Fast intermittent skipping. Happens in every function; radio, cd, auxiliary cable. You can hear the music playing and the change of stations, but the sound never improves. Navigation map and all other screens and settings work fine.
We have had trouble with the battery lately and corrosion and had to jump start the car several times. I tried disconnecting the battery again to restart the system, but didn't help.
Searched here and elsewhere on the internet and can't even find someone else who has experienced something similar.
Thanks for any help or suggestions.
2008 Toyota Highlander, same audio problems. Took RES cover off, disconnected wiring harness, audio works perfectly now. Highly pleased I didn't have to pay an arm and a leg to get a working radio again. Thanks guys
Yes, here is what you do. Take the cover off the DVD/RES and simply unplug the DVD player unit/screen. When the RES is malfunctioning it causes this problem with the head unit sound. That fixes it. Of course, you no longer have RES, but you didn't have it anyway with this issue. A new DVD player is probably what is needed to get the entire thing working. For now, I'm just going without RES. Let me know if this works for you too.
Thank you so very much!!! I had water damage to my 2008 Sequoia front unit. Roberts Audio in Louisville Kentucky repaired it. (Contact him for any Toyota nav, head unit,or radio for repair. He/his shop is topnotch and honest as quick turnaround. E sells units on eBay as well. Thank you Joe Roberts)
After re-installing it I discovered this same rapid-fire audio issue. Everything else worked perfect. Upon Googling I found this post. Thank you sir for your “fix”. Unplugging the rear dvd unit corrected the stuttering. My unit now works perfect minus the rear dvd. I’m going to take it to Roberts Audio for repair. Likely the same water intrusion from my partially open moonroof has damaged the circuit boards in the rear overhead unit as well. If I get it repaired I will post here and the cost as well.

· Registered
2 Posts
Thank you so very much!!! I had water damage to my 2008 Sequoia front unit. Roberts Audio in Louisville Kentucky repaired it. (Contact him for any Toyota nav, head unit,or radio for repair. He/his shop is topnotch and honest as quick turnaround. E sells units on eBay as well. Thank you Joe Roberts)
After re-installing it I discovered this same rapid-fire audio issue. Everything else worked perfect. Upon Googling I found this post. Thank you sir for your “fix”. Unplugging the rear dvd unit corrected the stuttering. My unit now works perfect minus the rear dvd. I’m going to take it to Roberts Audio for repair. Likely the same water intrusion from my partially open moonroof has damaged the circuit boards in the rear overhead unit as well. If I get it repaired I will post here and the cost as well.
I forgot to add that my original repair from the open moonroof water damage resulted in rust inside the dash unit and destroying the screen and 2 circuit boards. The cost was $450 to repair. The damage did not show up immediately but over time.

· Registered
1 Posts

Same issue with 2008 Toyota Highlander Limited. Disconnected RES just as shown in video and problem was immediately solved. Reconnected and issues returned, so my unit must need replacement rather than reset.

Thanks to all who posted about this issue. Saved me a ton of time and potentially money, had I been forced to take it somewhere.

Cheers
Chantry

· Registered
1 Posts
Well, here it is almost 7 years since the original post, and the solution to the problem just keeps on giving and saving people thousands of dollars. Around seven years ago I bought my very low mile single owner 2007 Sienna Limited, used. It came with all the bells an whistles, most of which I never use, including the rear DVD. I love the JBL sound system, for a stock system it sounds great and I'm one of those people that still listen to CDs and the four disc changer works great and has never had an issue. Anyway, the issue of the rapid intermittent sound cutting in and out came up, and I googled the problem and found nothing. I mentioned it to my computer genius son and he almost instantly found this link. Next morning, after a month or so of no tunes, it took less than 5 minutes to lower the rear DVD housing, unplug the unit, turn on the ignition and radio and YAAAAYYY! It works! Then tried turning off the ignition and reconnecting the DVD and the problem re-occurred. So, no rear DVD anymore. Which I never use anyway! THANKS THANKS THANKS FOR THIS PAGE AND SOLUTION!!!

· Registered
1 Posts
This post is awsome! did quite a bit of searching having a hard time defining the problem correctly in word. Finally came across this post... 2008 Sequoia, never used the DVD player but still had the issue of sound cutting in and out.... if someone ever finds a solution other than a DVD replacement please post... thanks for all the input...

21 - 28 of 28 Posts