Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

Autel TS508 TPMS Tool Amazing Price!

5K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  floridanative 
#1 ·
Someone on another board that I play on posted a link to an ebay site with a price on this full feature tool that's well less than half of what I paid nearly 2 years ago. The seller feedback seems good, so it appears to be legit. This even undercuts the ATEQ Quickset price.

#5 ·
Worked for me just now. The number sold is now up to 126, so he's still there peddling them.

And yes, it's a full feature shop grade tool. My local Mavis Tire has several of them. The only downside is that it can only CREATE new or clone sensors from Autel brand sensors. It can't program Schrader blank sensors, for instance. But it can read anything out there and upload the data thru the OBD port.

The Autel brand sensors seem to be fine. I have one set in use on winter tires, and just bought another set for the Forester.

#10 ·
And yes, it's a full feature shop grade tool. My local Mavis Tire has several of them.
Hey, fibber, have you used this successfully on the 2018 RAV4? The newer generation of Toyotas, like my Gen4 Prius, have a slightly different tpms communication protocol and I have issues with my older VIM; the new generation of Siennas surely will (have the newer tpms), too.

#8 ·
Reactions: vatoysienna
#11 ·
I have not actually connected my TS508 to my kid's 2018 RAV4 XLE AWD. I pinged the sensors and used the collected data to create clones with Autel MX1 units. Those cloned sensors worked fine last winter and the original 3 season set went back on her car last April with no issue. We'll be putting those snow tires back on in the next week or two. It's been pretty mild so far, but winter is almost upon us.

By cloning, connection and updating hasn't been required. But you got my attention! I'll have to ask over on the RAV4 board is anyone has had issues.

#16 ·
In case anyone is wondering how they can sell it so cheap... they are getting the kit with sensors and then selling the sensors separately.

Not a problem, as it’s clearly written in the listing that sensors are not included (and I didn’t need any sensors really). I just wanted to allay any fears that this isn’t a legit tool from a legit vendor.

-Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.