Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced the drivers side blender actuator. In order to get to it, I removed the trim and metal braces underneath the steering wheel at the bottom of the dash, the center console, audio unit, and climate control unit. After installing the new actuator, I hooked up the climate control unit to verify that the air flow was changing to the proper locations. After a couple of minutes, the climate control unit shut off with no lights. I've checked all fuses on the inside and engine compartment, but can't find any that are blown. On the metal brace next to the center console, there's a ground wire that was unfastened. I'm wondering if that affected the climate control unit. I don't have anything that shows how to verify if there's power going to the climate unit. If anyone has any ideas, I would appreciate it. This is a 2004 Sienna XLE with auto temperature for both sides and rear.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I have no first hand knowledge but if you go here there's the HEATING AND AIR CONDITIONER section and a SYSTEM WIRING DIAGRAMS section of the FSM that should get you started. Page 55-3 of the former shows how to trouble shoot the panel including checking voltages at the various pins.

Note that the pages are out of order.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have no first hand knowledge but if you go here there's the HEATING AND AIR CONDITIONER section and a SYSTEM WIRING DIAGRAMS section of the FSM that should get you started. Page 55-3 of the former shows how to trouble shoot the panel including checking voltages at the various pins.

Note that the pages are out of order.
Thanks, I think this will help.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I think this will help.
The problem was the new actuator. I discovered that the climate control worked if the actuator was unplugged. I exchanged it for another new one and that solved the problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts