Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Sienna LE Plus, FWD
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The lack of a proper bag hook bugged me enough that I bought a few S-hooks and came up with a nice hack. (Toyota's notion of the gen 4 bag hook is the protrusion at the rear of the center console, which is no where as secure as seat back hooks in my gen 2.)
Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Car Automotive design Motor vehicle Personal luxury car Rim

·
Registered
2021 Sienna XLE Plus
444 Posts
There are bag hooks on the back of the third row. Like 5 of them. Of course not convenient for day to day use as you have to access the hatch, but otherwise useful for grocery trips or multiple bags.

·
Registered
600 Posts
There are bag hooks on the back of the third row. Like 5 of them. Of course not convenient for day to day use as you have to access the hatch, but otherwise useful for grocery trips or multiple bags.
There is a third row? Lol. Mine has not seen the light of day since delivery.......they have been tucked away. But good to know they are there if they eventually make an appearance.

·
Registered
2021 Sienna LE AWD Hybrid; '04 Sienna LE FWD; '08 RAV4 Limited AWD V6; '07 Camry LE 4 Cyl.
39 Posts
I like this! Smart, simple, cheap. Does the job, doesn't cost a fortune, and with the cap on the end, the hook won't damage any material or somebody's clothes getting in/out of the rear door.
We've started using the "protrusion at the rear of the center console" to hold our trashbag (to replace the hook we had on the Gen 2's console for the passenger seat).

·
Registered
10 Posts
I can see this having a long term side effect. It will wear that handle spot out by the S hook as it constantly moves and rubs back and forth.

·
Registered
2016 Toyota Sienna XLE Premium 8 Passengers 🚐
119 Posts
I prefer the collapsible crates

It's large and durable enough that you can put in 125lbs+ of stuff carry it in in one go. Relatively inexpensive too for what it can do and the convenience it offers. I think I paid $50 for a set of 3.

·
Premium Member
2021 XLE Plus Gray
858 Posts
I prefer the collapsible crates

It's large and durable enough that you can put in 125lbs+ of stuff carry it in in one go. Relatively inexpensive too for what it can do and the convenience it offers. I think I paid $50 for a set of 3.
Which crates did you buy?

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Here is a piece of unsolicited advice: I would wind some gaffer tape around the handle where the hook is going to rest on it, this way the hook would not damage the material of the handle. Although the hook is probably only helping the bag to stay vertical, w/o supporting the whole weight of the bag, correct?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts