Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Sorry to hear about your Sienna. Although I am unable to help, I'm sure somebody here will chime in with good advice. Hopefully, you'll get it going again.
I do have a question: Since you dropped your pan, is it possible to cut open your transmission filter? Just curious if you have metal shavings in there like I did on mine. Thank you.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Sorry to hear about your Sienna. Although I am unable to help, I'm sure somebody here will chime in with good advice. Hopefully, you'll get it going again.
I do have a question: Since you dropped your pan, is it possible to cut open your transmission filter? Just curious if you have metal shavings in there like I did on mine. Thank you.

Let me check, I believe it might be gone by now since I through it in the trash can, Ill post it later if its here.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Honestly, it MAY be that your trans is dead. Or, it may be that some other issue caused your trans fluid to burn up or, possibly, the fluid you used was not matching Toyota's specs. The fluid incompatibility can happen easily... So many manufacturers try to sell ATF as some sort of universal fluid which meets all standards equally, which is simply untrue. If there are only fine metal filings in there (no chunks/chips), I would be inclined to clean everything out, replace the filter screen, put it all back together and refill with Toyota fluid. Drive it for 1000 miles and see if the condition improves. If so, drive it for another 4000 miles and do a drain and fill, again, with Toyota fluid. Drive it for 10000 more miles and then drain and fill.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I agree my friend thank you for your response, I did 3 spill and fills within the last 6 months using Toyota ATF WS and it was clearing it up from pretty nicely from tar to almost completely pink, I'm going to put a new filter in and fill up tomorrow and give it one more try, the transmission will cost me 2780.00 if it doesn't work tomorrow, ouch..

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I
I agree my friend thank you for your response, I did 3 spill and fills within the last 6 months using Toyota ATF WS and it was clearing it up from pretty nicely from tar to almost completely pink, I'm going to put a new filter in and fill up tomorrow and give it one more try, the transmission will cost me 2780.00 if it doesn't work tomorrow, ouch..
I dropped the pan, dropped the valve body, cleaned it thoroughly, made sure all the solenoids were working, put it back together in the tranny and installed all new filter, I filled it up and got it back to work, traveled several miles and its working fine now, a lot of work and the sliding underneath oh Lord! But it was worth it, I thank God for his help!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts