Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I plan to add an external amplifier in my 2016 Sienna which has stock head unit amp, not powerful enough to properly manage the Focal speakers in the front doors.

I d like to install this external amp somewhere in the car, but before tearing town the dashboard, I d like to know if someone already found a good location around 10"W x 4-1/8"D x 2"H not too far from the head unit, for an amp like this :
http://www.woofersetc.com/p-11251-prs-d800-pioneer-2-channel-class-d-amplifier.html

thank you

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Will it fit under the driver or front passenger seat? On a Lexus sedan I had, the factory installed audio system amplifier was mounted on the floor under the front passenger seat but it was hidden and protected by a hard plastic cover that also directed air flow from a floor vent.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Hello,

I plan to add an external amplifier in my 2016 Sienna which has stock head unit amp, not powerful enough to properly manage the Focal speakers in the front doors.

I d like to install this external amp somewhere in the car, but before tearing town the dashboard, I d like to know if someone already found a good location around 10"W x 4-1/8"D x 2"H not too far from the head unit, for an amp like this :
http://www.woofersetc.com/p-11251-prs-d800-pioneer-2-channel-class-d-amplifier.html

thank you
I installed a similar sized amp (Rockford fosgate PBR300X4) under the front passenger seat and fits nicely. Enough room around it for cooling and no probs with performance so far.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ton of room behind the glove box. To access, remove the passenger side threshold plate, kick panel, and glove box/trim panel assembly. Should take about 5 mins to remove everything to access the area. Check out the picture below for the amount of space there is.

Attachments

·
Registered
571 Posts
Ton of room behind the glove box. To access, remove the passenger side threshold plate, kick panel, and glove box/trim panel assembly. Should take about 5 mins to remove everything to access the area. Check out the picture below for the amount of space there is.
That's an interesting idea, although it looks like it would need to be mounted vertically which could be more of a challenge. If it fits under the seat and you don't mind running wiring to it, another advantage is having easier access to change settings, troubleshoot if there are future issues, and to change it out if you want to replace it later. Looks like you could put a larger amp behind the glove box possibly though, if there is a way to mount it and still get sufficient air flow around it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If I discovered this before, I would have placed my amp behind the glove box for sure.
lot of free space also under the dash.
I finally placed my Match PP82DSP https://www.crutchfield.com/S-9PLXtrYkZ0M/p_975PP82DSP/MATCH-PP82DSP.html in the bottom of the central box between from seats.
I had to run all head unit cables and speakers cables also there.

I wired a dedicated power cable from the car battery to the BOX and under each seat.

I separate the dash speakers wire and the front doors speakers wire, so I use the Match AMP DSP as a 6 channel AMP, plus a ground zero 10" active sub under each front seat, controlled by the DSP.

The thing is the Match DSP needs to be setup with a computer via USB.

good to know, I put soundproofing cotton material in all this free space under the dash, and trust me, the engine noise almost gone. the car is nothing compare. probably the most noticeable improvement for few dollars and can be done within one hour.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
If I discovered this before, I would have placed my amp behind the glove box for sure.
lot of free space also under the dash.
I finally placed my Match PP82DSP https://www.crutchfield.com/S-9PLXtrYkZ0M/p_975PP82DSP/MATCH-PP82DSP.html in the bottom of the central box between from seats.
I had to run all head unit cables and speakers cables also there.

I wired a dedicated power cable from the car battery to the BOX and under each seat.

I separate the dash speakers wire and the front doors speakers wire, so I use the Match AMP DSP as a 6 channel AMP, plus a ground zero 10" active sub under each front seat, controlled by the DSP.

The thing is the Match DSP needs to be setup with a computer via USB.

good to know, I put soundproofing cotton material in all this free space under the dash, and trust me, the engine noise almost gone. the car is nothing compare. probably the most noticeable improvement for few dollars and can be done within one hour.
What kind of enclosure are you using for the 10" subs that fit under the front seats?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts