Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
“Add” button under Bluetooth settings on van isn’t highlighted so you can’t ask the van to look for my iPhone Why isn’t the Add button highlighted?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Bluetooth not working ‘16 Sienna van

How many phones are currently linked? Has the maximum been reached so that it is necessary to delete one?

By the way, it can be important to tell us exactly which Sienna trim and audio system you have when asking questions like this.
It is a 2016 Toyota Sienna LE with standard audio. I got it to where the “Add” button is highlighted. I then touch it and it says Waiting to connect, searching for device. But when I go to Bluetooth on my iPhone there is no “Toyota Sienna” to connect to. Thinking it might have something to do with my phone. 🤷🏻*♂

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Is your phone set to something like "discoverable" in its Bluetooth settings? On my Android Samsung phone, for example, there is an option in its Bluetooth settings to make the phone visible only to devices that are already paired.

Edit: I looked at the Bluetooth settings on my wife's iPhone 7 and saw that just enabling Bluetooth makes the phone discoverable - no separate discoverable setting like my Android phone has.

Edit #2: Is you Sienna shown as an "other device" at the bottom of your iPhone's Bluetooth settings screen? If so, I wonder if you have to select it.

·
Premium Member
832 Posts

It is a 2016 Toyota Sienna LE with standard audio. I got it to where the “Add” button is highlighted. I then touch it and it says Waiting to connect, searching for device. But when I go to Bluetooth on my iPhone there is no “Toyota Sienna” to connect to. Thinking it might have something to do with my phone. 🤷🏻*♂

To rule out an issue with your phone, you could try someone else's phone and delete it later.

Which version of iOS are you running on your phone?
Have you tried switching off bluetooth on your phone and switching it on again before trying to pair?

·
Registered
1 Posts

I have a 2015 sienna and my Bluetooth stopped working. It says not connected to module . Bluetooth is grayed out so I cannot get it to connect. i correctly have two phones connect. But of course neither of them can be accessed because of the bluetooth. They say that everything is up to date. Yesterday I spent over half the day at dealer ship for them to install a new extension box for $620 and it still didn't work. Anyone else having this problem. Anyone know how to fix it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts