Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done the body side molding for their 2021 Sienna? If yes, any videos or tips please?

·
Registered
219 Posts
The Toyota OEM body side molding has an associated instruction sheet that gives detailed measurements on placement of the molding on the vehicle - but you have to ask for it from the dealer - it is not supplied in the box. The molding is not installed level, it is installed at an angle. Use an overhead projector pen/dry erase marker to make measurement point marks on the door and masking tape to mark your lines. Suggest you obtain a non-marring roller to press the molding firmly in place. Measurements (measure twice, mount once!), masking, and installing will take you 1-1.5 hours for a DIY install.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Toyota OEM body side molding has an associated instruction sheet that gives detailed measurements on placement of the molding on the vehicle - but you have to ask for it from the dealer - it is not supplied in the box. The molding is not installed level, it is installed at an angle. Use an overhead projector pen/dry erase marker to make measurement point marks on the door and masking tape to mark your lines. Suggest you obtain a non-marring roller to press the molding firmly in place. Measurements (measure twice, mount once!), masking, and installing will take you 1-1.5 hours for a DIY install.
Thanks for the tip about asking the dealer for install instructions. I bought them online and just sent a request asking for a PDF copy of install instructions.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the tip about asking the dealer for install instructions. I bought them online and just sent a request asking for a PDF copy of install instructions.
Where did you buy yours? I'm thinking of buying them too, I think it gives the van somewhat of an SUV look.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Where did you buy yours? I'm thinking of buying them too, I think it gives the van somewhat of an SUV look.
I did a search by using the part #. PT83K-08210-08 and google listed a whole bunch of links from Toyota Parts websites - from different dealerships. I opened around top 10 to 15 of them and picked the cheapest one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts